I have an essay to write on a book I never read, Pride and Prejudice. The teacher said that sparknotes won't exactly save us here. I need help answering this question from someone who has read this book.( Please, I don't want answers saying, Read it yourself, or do yourself )Question: As Social standards and codes of conduct are always changing, does Austen ( Author ) defend or criticize the society in which her characters live?Its a rhetorical essay.
- Pride and Prejudice Gender essay? - I am constructing a gender reading of Pride and Prejudice and am required to write an essay on it. As my underlying idea i am thinking of exploring the theme that, a woman is capable of possessing those atributes which are traditionally associated with males and by doing so they are able to ensure their
- HELP! Thematic statement for Pride and Prejudice? - Okay I have to write a thematic essay on a theme from Pride and Prejudice….any ideas? I was thinking about either pride or prejudice as a theme (haha duh!) But anywas yah not to complicated thanks!
- Grade my essay! 1-6 6 being the best? - prompt: How would Inherit the WInd be different if it was in a form of a noble.Have you ever read a book and wondered why did the author write it in a different way? Inherit the Wind is a book that was written as a play and I wish that it would have been
- Is it a major or minor mistake on the SAT essay if I wrote the title of the wrong book by the same author? - I’m not sure if I put Pride and Prejudice or Emma. They are both by Jane Austen. I wrote about Emma though.
- How can we make our English presentation more interesting? - We have to compare and contrast two characters from “Pride and Prejudice.” My group has Mr. Collins and Mr. Wickham. We have quotes from the novel to prove their similarities and differences. We have to have a 5-minute presentation in class. How can we make it interesting? I don’t want us to simply read it
- Critic Roland Barthes has said “Literature is the question minus the answer.”? - write an essay in which you analyze a central question the work raises and the extent to which it offers any answers. explain how the author author’s treatment of this question affects your understanding of the work as whole.I did the book Beloved!
- Help with a Pride and Prejudice essay? - For my English class, I have to write an essay on Pride and Prejudice.I’m going with the title “Compare the success of the Bennet sisters’ marriages, with close reference to the text”.I’m really stuck on what I should include here. Can anyone help?Thanks.x