Essay Prompt:When people form opinions about someone or something, what affects them most is not substance but style. In other words, the way something appears or is presented is more important than what it actually is. This principle affects how people look at their leaders and their lives, the books they read, the products they buy, and even the subjects they take at school.Assignment:Is style more important than substance?Essay:Often, most first impressions are based on the looks of the object or person. People rarely have time to go beneath the surface and carefully examine the qualities of the object or person. But this shallow outlook will never let us know the true value of it. Therefore, the substance, not the style, has the most importance.I have had to learn the hard way that merely going on looks rather than personality can have disastrous consequences. During my sophomore year, I was infatuated with one of the prettiest girls in my school. I was smitten with her; the only thing that I thought about day and night was her. Finally, I mustered up the courage to ask her out, and to my great surprise she said yes! The first two weeks of our relationship were flawless; we made the perfect couple. But then, slowly but surely, her faults started to leak out like water from a broken pipe. I realized that she was overtly paranoid and filled with jealousy; whenever I talked to another girl, she would come racing towards me as if I was in dire danger. She insisted on being with me virtually 24 hours of the whole day. Finally, I felt compelled to break up with her. However, one good thing did come from this fiasco. I realized that good looks are not everything, and that a person's character is more important.Current marketing strategies heavily depend on our tendency to pick the product that appeals to us the most in terms of style. They take advantage of this in order to foist upon us useless items that no one would have bought otherwise. They claim to have a "new and improved formula" or "state-of-the-art technology", but in reality, it is just a scam to fool poor customers into buying their products. In order to defend ourselves from being tricked, we must not go by looks but by quality.When people form opinions about someone or something, what affects them the most is not substance but style. This principle affects our outlook in all spheres of life, whether it is our personal life or the things we buy. However, we should always remember that substance is more important than the way someone or something looks. As they say, "All that glitters is not gold".
- Does it sound self-centered to say: I’m the most important person in my life? - I’m writing an admissions essay to a prep-school. It’s about the best advice you ever got. I’m writing about “Your own opinion of yourself, is more important then other peoples opinions of you”. Would it sound self-centered to say that the most important person in my life is me. As in “the most important person
- HELP ME PLEASE? - K, i have to write an essay on an object from ancient rome, like for example .. a ‘sword’ (too many people are doing that) and it has some history behind it or something.. And you have to write your essay as if your the object talking .. Problem is .. I don’t know what
- Pros and Cons to weight lifting products? - I am currently writing an essay about weight lifting and products. I was hoping to get some good facts from people on here about the pros and cons of using products like pre-workout’s, creatine, protein, steroids, synthetic steroids stuff like that. It would also very much help me to get peoples opinions on the subject
- Can someone help me with my essay please? its not hard? - Globalization shapes identity through trade, transportation, and media. To the extent that globalization shapes our identity is that we are influenced by people around us, new and old ideas beliefs and that we are and will still continue to be influenced by globalization. Media affects identities globalization as well as trade and transportation. By having
- Best Essay Ever, I bet the max error I would get is 10!? - Childhood Violence Childhood violence can improve an individual, but it can also negatively affect a person. Not all people who have had a violent childhood will become violent themselves in their adults life because everyone is different. With violence, people can learn from it because they will know what
- Could someone please check my essay! I need help on word choice. So, if u have any suggestions, please tell me? - Technology can be bad: jobs, money, and malfunctions. Technology is not a good idea when one talks about jobs because that would mean more people getting fired. Therefore, the economy of the country would plunge down and become a second or third world country. Also, it would be expensive. It would be expensive because the
- Is this a good Personal Narrative essay for English? - We had to do a essay about our life, so This is what I know. I know its kinda long but I’m not allowed to get annyy bad grades and need some feedback and constructive criticism . Thank you Oh and just to let you know before hand, it talks just a litttllee