Hi,I want to attend a good university. I am a foreigner/immigrant (senior in high school, class of 2011), and live in Connecticut. Right now, I have a 3.7-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and 4.0 weighted and have taken 4 AP classes so far:AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Computer Science and AP US History. I am taking 3 more APs this upcoming year: AP Physics and AP Economics + Calculus BC.I participate in Math League and an engineering club at school. I also play volleyball (3 years so far+next year (varsity)).My SAT scores are 1900/2400 (520 Reading, 640 Writing, 740 Math)+ 10/12 on the essay part. Taking another SAT I test in October again.My Chem SAT II score is 640 and math 2 SAT II is 730.I also took TOEFL and will be getting my results in a week or so. My AP Chem, AP US History and AP Comp Sci scores are coming somewhere in the end of the month.I also have a couple awards for academic achievements in math and science.I am interested in engineering (mostly computer engineering) and have been taking an engineering course in my school for 2 years. I love math and physics. I speak two languages (my native and English).I am looking at some good schools like University of Connecticut, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Boston University (not sure how good their comp engineering program is), and Cornell (I might as well apply to 1 or 2 Ivy schools just in case lady luck is on my side).So, what do you think about my perspectives on getting into these colleges?
- Chances of getting into a good college? - It has been my dream to go to a good university. I am a foreigner (a junior in a high school), and live in Connecticut. I moved to the U.S. 2.5 years ago. I am a permanent resident though not a citizen. Right now, I have a 3.8-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and
- Looking for a College? - Situation:Want to study Physics (more specifically, applied physics, theoretical physics, nuclear physics, or petroleum engineering)Going to 4 year college, then to graduate school.31ACT Comp, 33ACT Sci, 35ACT Math, 2020SAT Comp, 800SAT Math3.8-4.0 GPA Weighted, 3.5-3.7GPA UnweightedCollege Requirements: [Organized by importance (more important = higher on list)]-full or near full ride (due to test scores and
- My Chances of Getting into Princeton University? - Chances of Acceptance? I would like to know the chances I have of being accepted to Princeton University I am an immigrant from Russia and am fluent in Russian I have a 4.05 weighted gpa. I am 17th out of a class of 546 I have taken AP Chem, AP Physics, AP World History, AP
- Can I get into these schools? - So, now that all of my applications are in, I was wondering what people think my chances are at the schools I applied to. The schools I applied to are:1.Amherst College2.SUNY Binghamton3.Boston University4.Bucknell5.Carnegie Mellon6.Cornell7.Duke8.SUNY Geneseo9.Johns Hopkins10.Northeastern11.RPI12.SUNY Stony Brook13.Tufts14.WPI15.YaleYes I know, long list… Amherst and Yale were basically to please my insane dad who thinks I
- Can I get into UPitt? - I am currently entering my senior year in high school. One university that I have been eying more and Pitt. I do live in Pennsylvania, so hopefully it will increase my chances for admission. I want to study Biomedical Engineering, so my question really is if I could get into the Swanson School of Engineering.My
- Do i have a shot at college!?! Please help? - I have a 3.2 gpa in school and will be entering my senior year in high school. I also play Varsity Soccer for 3 years in High school, and 1 year of JV lacrosse and 1 year of Varsity lacrosse. I also volunteer at my local library, and do volunteer as maintenence and as a
- Do i have a chance of getting in? - im in 11th grade now: i have about a 3.6-3.7 average, im taking bio, chem AP, physics, math, eng, american history, and spanish.the mod-un club for 3 yrsschool newspaper for 3 yrsmarching band for 1 year (1st clarinet)regular orchestra for 1 year playing clarinet for 5 yrsi volunteer at an old age home (part of