I understand what you are supposed to do... You should have a thesis statement (that explains your purpose in writing the paper, what you will be talking about), and you should try to grab the reader.I always have trouble with this part. I'm a decent writer, but I have so many issues with writing intros (and conclusions, for that matter). I almost always end up with something so incredibly bland; I want to be able to write something that actually WILL grab the reader's attention.
- Is it good to start an Introduction to an essay with a quote? - Introductions:Possiblities for an excellent introduction:1. Current Events2. Personal Experience3. Dramatic statements or statistics ==Shocking or eye-catching4. Interesting background information the reader needs to know5. Excellent quotations that are shocking, bold, or daring *** Do not use more than one in the introductionTo start your introduction begin with 1. Bold statement expressing either neutral feeling or
- I’m unsure as too my answer for English class…? - We were required to read something Margaret Atwood wrote about “The Writer’s Responsibility”.The question was “in light of Atwood’s essay, what responsibilities do you feel a writer has towards his or her audience?my answer is this:I feel that the responsibility an author has towards his or her audience is not necessarily set in stone. I
- How can I write compelling attention-getters? - Usually, when I write an essay or paper, I always get stuck on how to start it. After I start the paper, it becomes relatively easy. But it typically takes me a very long time to begin my writing. I don’t know, for hooks I generally try to write really outrageous statements that grab peoples’
- What information is included on a works cited page? - A.the Internet articles that you used in the essayB.the articles that you browsed throughC.the books that you readD.the periodicals that you referenced2.Which of the following is a correctly written book citation?A.(Jennings 88).B.(Jennings par. 20).C.(Jennings “Warfare,” 45).D.(Jennings “Warfare” 45).3.What is the purpose of expository writing?A.It persuades someone.B.It describes something.C.It identifies something.D.It explains something.4.Which of the following
- Definition of historical essay? - The History Essay FormatEssay is an old French word which means to “attempt”. An essay is the testing of an idea or hypothesis (theory). A history essay (sometimes referred to as a thesis essay) will describe an argument or claim about one or more historical events and will support that claim with evidence, arguments and
- Thesis for a research paper? - I’m writing a research paper for my psych class and I’m not sure how to write the thesis statement. The only kind I know how to write are opinions for argumentative essays. How do you write a thesis statement for a research paper? PLEASE provide example thesis statements.
- Langston Hughes? - I have to write an essay on “Why Langston Hughes is the most famous writer of the Harlem Renaissance?” Im usually good at writeing papers but im blank on this one. I need help on writing a thesis statement and what points should i cover in this paper? Thanks it would help alot!