Today in English class my professor was talking about plagiarism and paraphrasing. This provoked me into deep thought about my work. Then I realized I had paraphrased a sentence in my essay that I had read from its original source. I quickly changed the sentence altogether. So, have you ever accidentally paraphrased a sentence or two? Did you really like the original sentence a lot, so much that you changed a couple of words here and there? Could you get in legal trouble if even just one sentence of your is paraphrased from a published work?Thank you for your time and answers (:
- Is it considered Plagiarism to re-use old College Essays I wrote? - I am wondering if it is considered plagiarism to re-use part or all of an old essay that I wrote? In my essay I expressely cite all of the sources I used, but when I handed in my paper into my current class I am being accused of plagiarism. I am asking the
- What is the name of this movie? - I can’t remember the details because I watched it too long ago but the storyline went somewhat like this:There’s this retired professor who lives alone in his apartment.This teenager is dared into breaking in his house (can’t remember if it was to retrieve something or just for the sake of breaking in)When he sees the
- How many paragraphs would you guess that a 1000 words essay/article would contain? - It could contain one 1000-word paragraph.Single sentences have been written that are more than 1000 words. Victor Hugo wrote one sentence in “Les Miserables” that was 823 words long. There is also, apparently, a Polish novel, “Gates of Paradise”, with a 40,000 word sentence. Jonathan Coe’s The Rotters Club, published in 2001, contains a
- If my friend edit my essay to suit his with different examples is it plagiarism.? - As a community college professor, I would consider it plagiarism. Anything you do not write yourself, in its entirety, needs to be quoted and cited. Unless he plans to cite your entire paper, or the 90% of it he doesn’t change, it’s plagiarism.If you aren’t going to learn the material, why bother taking
- Is everything going to be ok?(what should I do)? - My teacher told us to write an essay and submit to Turnitin.com. I did that, but after 2 days when I visited Turnitin.com, it detected 2 sentences of my essay plagiarism work Actually I gave the source and credit before, but I did not remember put quote at the end of sentence. what will happen
- Gettysburg Address Essay HELP!? - I need at least 300 more words. I have 351 words. All I need to talk about is how it has effected our country today and stuff like that (the 2nd question).Please give me your source and an original answer! THANK YOU!
- Help with Legal Studies essay? - Having trouble with my Legal Studies class assignment. We are studying crime and in particular, scientific evidence in cases. The question I have to work with is:Discuss the implications of the use of scientific evidence for the rights of the accused.If someone could assist me it would be greatly appreciated. I would have seeked help