I am writing an essay on 'A View From the Bridge' by Arthur Miller...this is the question on it...Choose a play in which there is a scene where a character makes a fatal error. I am talking about when a character makes a telephone breaking the law of his community..does this sound good..and fit the question..A code is defined as a set of prearranged rules or principles which illustrates what is deemed to be right and wrong. Such is one of the main themes in the play, ‘A View from the Bridge’ by Arthur Miller. This notion is established early in the action when Miller makes us as the audience realise and accept the ‘rules’ of honour which are instilled in the inhabitants of the Red Hook District. Therefore, it becomes evident to the reader throughout the text that if those who adhere to these customs betray their community, by breaking the ‘code of loyalty’ then it ultimately embarrasses oneself and threatens the happiness and stability of their entire family. Such is the case for the character Eddie Carbone in the play that is susceptible to flaws which are clearly shown when he makes a fatal error putting his sense of decency and honour to breaking point. The dramatist successfully uses these concepts to allow us as the audience have a clearer understanding of the character’s situation in the play by use of techniques such as word choice, theme and imagery.
- Is this a good opening paragragh for my Crucible essay? - Arthur Miller was a leading American playwright and essayist of the 20th century. In 1953, Miller wrote his 8th play of the total 24, The Crucible. Set in 1672, the play was a written response to the McCarthyism and Salem Witch Trials that were occurring at this particular time, in the USA, which is where
- I need somebody to help me find something in this play for English? I know how to do it but I’m stuck. Help me? - Okay. So just to give you guys a heads up on what I’m doing, I’ll copy the first part of the assesment so you guys can know what to help me with:”For this assignment, we are not going to write the analytical essay (no cheers, please!). Instead, we are going to examine Arthur Miller’s
- How does Arthur Miller’s life affect his book, Death of a Salesman? - I wanted to include this in an essay but I can’t find any good information about how the play “Death of a Salesman” is linked to Arthur Miller’s life and experiences. Some general points would be really helpful.
- Good thesis statement for my essay? - I am writing an essay for The Crucible by Arthur Miller defending why John Proctor is a tragic hero. It is a 5 paragraph essay and my thesis is going to include 3 things why John Proctor is a tragic hero: he dislikes hyprocrites, has a tragic downfall because he kept Abigail’s secret, and has
- Death of A Salesman? - what are some good essay topics for an 11th grade english class on the book Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller?
- Why is Arthur Miller a better storyteller than Tim O’Brien? - I read the books Death of a Salesman, by Arthur MIller, and The Things They Carried, by Tim O’Brien, in eniglish and now I have to write a compare/contrast essay. I need some ideas please and thank you!
- In class essay topics help? for the crucible? - we have an in class essay that has to do with 1 out of 8 essay questions about the crucible.Several characters change in status/power throughout the play. What is the effect of this change? How might this reflect Miller’s opinion of power?How does John Proctor’s great dilemma change during the play?Analyze reverend Parris or Reverend