Is this a good response essay for The Odyssey? The Odyssey is an epic poem written by Homer about the impact the gods had on the people’s lives. The main character is a man named Odysseus who is on his way home from the Trojan War. He is faced with many complications along the way.He was held captive, and put in many life threatening situations.Homer was displaying how the gods had a great influence on the lives of the characters. There are several gods, all who have different opinions. They all have different reasons to either like or not like a human.There were some gods who were in Odysseus’ favor such as Athena who was always doing what she could to help him. Although there were other gods such as Poseidon who shows hatred towards Odysseus for blinding his son, the Cyclops.This religion the Greek people had was very flawed.To have one god on your side and one against you makes it difficult to be safe.It also starts problems in the heavens.The gods were constantly being against each other because one did something another one doesn’t like or one didn’t like a person the other did.It was constantly difficult for the humans as well as the gods. The gods impact was corruptive.
- Please read over my essay. What do you think? Any suggestions? - My essay is posted here, [external link] , for easier reading, but i will post it here too.— Homer’s Odyssey is one of the earliest examples of literature in which a main character is faced with obstacles and must overcome them. Odysseus, the King of Ithaca, is on a journey to return to his
- Odysseus: Do you see, you gods of sea and sky? I conquered Troy. Me Odysseus, a mortal man of flesh and blood? - and bone and mind! I do not need you now, I can do anything.Poseidon: Odysseus, why do you defy me?Odysseus: Who are you?Poseidon: It is I Poseidon, god of the wine dark sea. You have forfeited for forgetting how I helped you.Odysseus: Help me? For ten years you played with us as toys. For ten
- The Odyssey – Literature essay.. Help please! Emergency!? - So I’m writing a 5 pgs essay for my literature class on The Odyssey by Homer. The topic question is : “How does the concept of human will function in Odyssey? To what extent are people responsible for their own actions? To what extent are gods responsible for humans actions?”I’m just trying to understand what
- Mythology essay questions? - I’m writing this essay about Greek myths for English but I’m confused about some grammar and wording in my essay. If you could help that would be awesome! (Keep in mind that this is supposed to be in present tense if I’m telling a story and past when I’m not.) Thanks!Here are
- Odysseus traits? - I have to write a 4 paragraph essay on the odyssey. the first paragraph covers the introduction, THE SECOND AND THIRD PARAGRAPHS COVER CHARACTER TRAITS, and the last paagraph is the conclusion. I need to choose two of the nine character traits of Odysseus listed below.physical strengthmntal quicknessbraveryrespect for the godsleadership abilitiesperseverancefairnesshonesty self-controlWhich two traits
- Greek Mythology Question? - Please Help Me With This Short Essay Question. It Basically Confuses The Heck Outta Me! 10 Pts. To Best Answer!What role did gods and goddesses play within Greek culture and The Odyssey? How do they interact with humans? Provide at least two examples from The Odyssey of these interactions. Answers should be approximately one to
- Edit my essay ten points please? - Beauty is Deceptive in the Odyssey. Sometimes beauty can be deceptive. Even though they are beautiful on the out side does not always mean they are beautiful on the inside. There is many example in the Odyssey were beauty is taken for granite. Odysseus and his crew encountered many challenges for beautiful goddess. He and