I am trying to find a copy (or poster version) of this painting - [external link] … - which was used for the cover of F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby." I cannot find any online. Does anyone know where I could get one?Thanks for your help!
- Can someone please help me understand this prompt? - What does this quote mean? -”The zeitgeist of the 1920s was one of frivolousness and illustrated a conflict or breakdown of traditional values.”Write an essay in which you defend, challenge or qualify this statement and explain the strategies(examples) used by F. Scott Fitzgerald to achieve this purpose.by the way..if you didn’t know already..this is a
- Can you help me answer an essay prompt? - It’s about The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald:What is Fitzgerald suggesting about America and the “corruption” of American society and of the dream itself? Choose one character from the novel and answer this question as it applies to him/her.I was thinking about Gatsby or Myrtle, any thoughts?
- The Great Gatsby…? - I have to write a persuasive essay on whether the novel is feminist or classist. I’m not sure what it is, but I’m leaning towards classist. What do you think? Can you give examples from the book?Is this a good thesis:Although F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby appears to have a sexist agenda,
- Anyone up for ‘peer editing’ an essay for me? pleaseeee.? - James Gatz: The American Dream. The Great Gatsby, a novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, is about the American Dream, and the downfall of those who attempt its illusionary goals. The American dream is defined by most as hope, love, and perseverance. Not
- Need help with English finals.? - So for my english final my teacher decided to make us do 2 essays instead of taking a test. The 2 questions I chose are listed below:1) Define the so-called “American Dream” as it appears in three works we read this semester. Be sure to trace how this elusive concept has evolved
- I need help with a title for my essay? - I wrote an essay on The Great Gatsby on why the economic prosperity and era-appropriate optimism were only causing ignorance and materialism and how that was shown in the Great Gatsby.And now I need to think of a clever, catchy title.Any ideas?
- Looking for info on an old book I bought at a book sale, Help Please!? - It is called Essays: First Series by Ralph Waldo Emerson. It has nothing on the front cover, says the title on the spine and Columbus Edition at the bottom of the spine. The color is dark brown and very yellowed pages. There is no date inside and is published by the International Book Company of