What does the blind pursuit of desire make of a society? What does choice to live by violence do to a nation?
What becomes of a people who live by fraud and malice? As you look around at our society in the United States and around the world, think about the characters and situations in the vestibule of Hell (Opportunists who, in life, were only for themselves and were neither good nor evil) and in circles two (the Lustful -- those who betray reason to their appetites), three (the Gluttonous -- do nothing but consume; produce nothing but garbage), four (Hoarders -- amass wealth only for themselves; and Wasters --use up all they have on fruitless ventures), five (the Wrathful -- constantly fighting; the Sullen -- those who shut out the light of sun from their lives), and six (the Heretics -- those that deny God's existence and are denied an eternal life). Choose one of those circles and discuss evil actions performed by people's free choices and the consequences of those actions for the individual and for the larger group. Remember, you must base your selection on facts, not personal prejudice. You may want to add real-world examples to your essay (mob violence, Los Angeles riots, arson, war in Yugoslavia, South Africa, prison riots, dishonest public figures, bank scandals, or the drug scene, etc...) – DOCUMENT SOURCES!
- Is this a good “Good and Evil” essay intro? - It is the desire of all humans to act with evil intent, but our conscience and social lessons prevent us from committing such actions. The concept of evil differs from person to person and society to society; however, it is our morals that dictate what is right and what is wrong. In other
- Can someone give me some idea on how i could start my essay? - My essay i guess you could say is a “how to” but not really a “how to”on the idea of eternal recurrence and how one must come to understand and accept an eternal recurrence of their lives if it were to eternally recur. I am trying to implement all of the existential ideas of the
- Ideas for a Personal essay on the importance of saving money. ? - Prompt:write an essay on something from your personal life that can be expanded to involve a larger social issue or idea.is this a good topic? what are some ideas?do you have any personal experiences, that can help me? thank you. (: User tags:what does the blind pursuit of desire make of societyWhat does the blind pursuite
- Who learn a lesson in the story sir gawain and the green knight? - i have a home work in language art grade 12 i am a senior and the teacher is asking to make a essay about choose one selection in which an important character learns a lesson and one selection in which a character does not learn an importan lesson. for each selection, explain its lesson and
- Help with ideas for writing a personal essay? Please and Thank you.? - i have been trying to write this essay for 5 days now. And still no luck :/ it would be really nice and i would really appreciate it. if someone gave me ideas, or personal experiences.Prompt:Write an essay on something from your personal life that cam be expanded to involve a larger social issue.thank you
- Example of how people don’t value being part of the community? - I’m writing an essay. Can anyone please give me a real life example that shows people don’t value being part of the community? Thank you. -It can’t be the 2011 riots. I have already included that in the essay. User tags:what does the blind pursuit of desire make of societyWhat does the blind pursuite
- Whats a sociological and analytical explanation of the LA riots of 1992? - for my sociology class i have to write an essayhere is the prompt: provide a well thought out, analytical and sociological explanation for the events that took place in April 1992 in Los Angeles (the LA riots or the rodney king uprisings)i need help!does anyone know any websites that have essays on this topic? or