Hey, so Im in year 8, Im in top set for English. We have already chosen our gcse's options, and will be starting them next year (year 9). English is compulsory and I really want to get an A/A* in my gcse's, even though Im only in year 8, I work hard in making sure my levels are the best, and one of the assessments we are going to do this following week are about war poetry. This is a very important test, so I want to get the best possible level.Here is what Im going to write. The question is how do different poets portray viewpoint through language, structure, tone?(Im only going to write 1 of my paragraphs, not the whole essay)In 'Dulce et decorum., 'Who's for the game', 'Does it matter?', and 'The Hero' each poet uses tone to express their viewpoint on war. Each poet has a different tone and mood to the poem creating a different atmosphere, and portraying viewpoint. Wilfred Owen in 'Dulce Et decorum est' had a very sad, tired mood throughout the poem, and his viewpoint on war was that its wrong, not right, tiring, hard and bad. An example of the mood in the poem portraying viewpoint is 'Bent double, like old beggars under sacks, Knock-Kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge.' Wilfred Owen used words like 'cursed' to describe movement, and in other words is saying 'Dont go to war, its tiring, and hard work.' On the other hand Jessie Pope, the poet of, 'Who's for the game?' had a totally different mood/tone to the poem therefore she had a different viewpoint. She had a rather exciting, cheerful and fun tone to the poem, and was saying 'GO TO WAR!'. an example of a cheerful mood in the poem is 'who'll toe the line for the signal to 'go'?, who'll give his country a hand?' This tells us that she thinks the war is a game, and very victorious.In my opinion, she was wanting the reader to think' I will. I will go fights for out country and be a hero'. Therefore she wants people to go to war, and has a good viewpoint on it.So there, that was one of my PEA paragraphs of my essay. Im extremely sorry it was so long! Please tell me on average what level/grade it could approx. be. and what would you change to make it better. Thanks very much.
- English Essay Analysis? - I have been given an essy to write its Dulce et Decorum Est by Wilfred Owen, I have written “GAS! Gas! Quick, boys!” and my english teacher said Analysis needed. I am I sure of what this means, please try and explain in easy words so I can understand. Thanks Sam xx
- Help with an English essay? - Please could someone give me some ideas (not to write the whole essay) for the following question:”How does Wilfred Owen convey the conflict between patriotic duty and the horrors of war in Dulce et Decorum Est?Thanks in advance!
- How does the form of the poem ‘Disabled’ by Wilfred Owen convey pity towards the war? - I’m doing an essay on Wilfred Owen and the pity of war but I couldn’t figure out how the form of this certain poem helped. If anyone has any ideas, I’d be delighted. Thank you.
- World war one poetry? - How does owen presents conflict in the poetry dulce et decorum est? I need to write an essay on this question and i need some ideas. PLEASE HELP? and NO stupid answers PLEASE?
- Help with writing a conclusion for an essay! “Dulce et decorum est”? - I handed in my essay and to be honest my conclusion was rubbish!”Dulce et ecorum est” is a poem written by Wilfred Owen during World War I which conveys the plight of WWI soldiers.That teacher gave it back to be and asked to make a little bit more expressive.The problem is, that I’m totally stuck!
- HELP PLEASE! English poetry essay question!? - Refer to the poem ” Girls song” Below.Essay Question: How does the poet Wilfred Gibson convey his message?GIRL’S SONGI was so happy that i hardly knew itNor ever guessed that life was not all play,And little dreamt I’d live to see the dawningOf such a day – Oh, why, why should it be That suddenlyLife
- Romantic poetry essay, i need help!? - Ok for my english class we have to write an essay on a romantic poem. Here is the prompt: Choose a poem by one of the Romantic poets we have studied. Write a three to four page paper where you do a close reading of the poem you have chosen. Your essay should be