Im desperate for some tips on how to write an essay. I suffer from anxiety and depression which makes it difficult to conentrate adn understand what im reading but im wanting to do the best i can with this condition.so far Im trying to find reliable or good frew websites with information on history of dream analysis, info about mersmer, the symbols of dreams and techniques etc. I think this should be enough to cover 1500 words. It also has to be in third person and present tense which i tend to muck up so is their any tips on how to keep focused on the task while remembering to write in that tense. Im not sure exactly what they mean by present tense. Thanks for reading this and any help would be greatfull
- Present tense question (in writing literature)? - I have a sentence in an essay (informal, but it still has to be written in the present literary tense) that is written as something like “she was rich, but they did not allow it.”Essays are supposed to be written in present tense (present perfect is allowed too), so how am I supposed to write
- Past or present tense for my essay? - i know you use present tense when writing a normal essay, but what about research essays?if you read The Great Gatsby, im comparing the events in the novel to the authors life. would i use present tense when talking about the events in the novel, then use past tense when talking about the
- Calling all experts at A level English Literature ! STRUGGLING ON CRITICAL LITERARY ANALYSIS !? - My tutor gave me an extract on a book we are currently reading and i have no idea how to start write a critical analysis on it. I just need help on how to get the ‘ball rolling’ and then i will be fine.What do i say in my first paragraph (introduction) ?Can you give
- General question about a 5 paragraph essay? - Does each paragraph have to have the same verb tense? Can I have the 1st and 2nd paragraphs in the present tense, but have the last 3 paragraphs be in the past tense? I think that the verb tense should remain constant, but i’m not sure.
- Essay formats in terms of grammar? - Should you be consistent when you’re writing an essay. Like always stay in the past tense or present tense when you are writing an essay? or it depends? Should different paragraphs have different tense?
- Formal essay tense? - Normally you write in the present tense, but If I’m reffering to a non fiction text about something that really happened in the past, do I write in past tense?
- Do I use present tense or past tense for my English Lit. essay? - I’m writing an essay on Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart, and today, my teacher told me to change all the past tenses I had in my essay to present tense because “literature is timeless.”I am currently revising and editing my essay, and I have a sentence which states “the two cultures also had very different