Bad idea to choose a controversial topic for my Georgetown admissions essay on a current global issue?
I'm applying to the Walsh School of Foreign Service of Georgetown University. This is the prompt:Briefly discuss a current global issue, indicating why you consider it important and what you suggest should be done to deal with it.I want to write about the Arab/Israeli conflict in the Holy Land and my strong belief in supporting Israel unwaveringly. However, I'm kind of worried that choosing what could be a controversial topic might hurt me if the admissions officer holds the completely opposite opinion. What do you guys think?I could also do it on Iran, and the need to take decisive action to prevent them from attaining nuclear weapons (i.e. not open diplomacy and friendly talks with their terrorist-supporting dictatorship.)
- Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck? - I have to do an essay on this book for school, and its asking me about the motif of rebirth and how its conveyed throughout the novel. I kind of have an idea, but its nothing worth writing about. If you know of any instances that I’m just missing completely, please let me know. I’m
- I included wrong information on my AP U.S. History Exam essay? - I accidentally included information from about 30 years earlier than the time period given. It wasn’t my entire essay (there were 2 separate topics discussed in the essay), but it took up a lot of information for 1 of my body paragraphs and I didn’t really have a lot of other supporting details.
- Adjectives for Miss Maudie? - I have an essay to write for Miss Maudie, and old kind-hearted woman in To Kill A Mockingbird. I have to choose 3 adjectives, more or less, that describe her. I already have Open-minded (maybe have to find a synonym for that), and Prudent. I need one that fit’s in with when she tells Scout
- What are my chances for any IVY League? or a prestigous school like DUKE? - I am Junior in High SchoolWeighted GPA: 98-99 out of 100 .. which is 4.0+Unweighted: 97.4% (4.0)Rank: 2/474Community Service:Junior Volunteer at Local Hospital (200+ hours)Family Service Leaguue (Tutoring)Many School FunctionsExtra Curricular Activities:Interact Club (Probably will be some kind of officer)Mathletes (Will be some kind of officer next year)South Asian Fundraiser (Head of the Donations Committe
- TERRORISM, 10 points! :Help for an essay, famous and interesting Terrorists? - Hello , I have to do an Essay on Terrorism, i have to choose a terrorist and a terrorist group , Does someone know what could I do? I’m searching for originality !10 points to the Best!
- College Essay Question? - I’ve started writing my admission essay for college and I chose to write about my own topic about how I’m a nerd and my opinion of nerds in todays generation. Do you guys think this is a good topic?
- Interesting essay topics? - THis is for college english and is about 50% of my grade. I can pick any topic. Put i can’t think of any. Can you guys help me out. Maybe include 3 supporting arguments. I was think of doing concussions in hockey. Teacher wants something interesting. Not smoking or religion.thxs