I'm in college and taking an Intro to Film course to satisfy a requirement. My major is in Accounting, so this is NOT my strong class. We have been studying genres and writing essays on them. Now we're supposed to make a short movie, 5-7 minutes long, specific to one genre... Melodrama, Comedy, Horror/Sci-fi, Musical, Documentary, Western, War, or Film Noir. I don't have a lot to work with and I just really need to pass this class. Thanks for any help I can get!
- Essay on comparing genre and gender in film? - which film genre would be easiest to write about in comparing the genre to gender? for example, women in melodrama, or men in horror films?
- Thoughts on the film ‘Four Lions’? - I am doing Film Studies at AS Level, and for one of our units we are looking at British Comedy, so we are going to watch Withnail and I & In The Loop, and just this week we have watched the ‘Four Lions’, a comedy film about some Muslims plotting to bomb the London marathon.In
- Do you think that “I am Sam” is a good movie or not and why? - I’m doing an essay on film analysis on the movie “I am Sam”. I need ur ideas of whether this is a good movie or not and why based on the 8 areas of film study: 1. Genre2. Appropriate and useful theme3. Cinematography and artistic design (the uses of colors etc…)4. Settings5. Music and soundtrack6.
- Help me with my compare & contrast essay? - I’m doing a compare and contrast essay on comedy movies vs. horror movies. I have two contrast elements, tone (comedy movies are funny and horror movies are scary), and acting (comedy movies tend to have better acting than horror movies). But I can’t think of anything to use to compare the two ): Help please?
- Film Techniques in Labyrinth(1986)? - I am writing an essay for my film literature class about Labyrinth(1986) and I am doing film techniques. Characterization, Setting, Symbolism, Irony, and POV. I have got everything down except for POV and Irony and was wondering if anyone had anything to add on those two points. Point of View: Analyze what types of
- English Question. HELP!? - my english teahcer is telling me to right an essay on this, but i can’t understand it . it says “film makers alternate comedy and tragedy, knowing that too much drama and tagedy will overhelm and depress the audience. identify two instances of comedy in eigther film. Explain how these instances relieve,
- Which films are classed as horror and feature a computer generated villain? - I’ve used an example of a film classed as horror with a computer generated villain in an essay of mine, but I haven’t mentioned a title, and I don’t like horror films, so I don’t know any.