Normally you write in the present tense, but If I'm reffering to a non fiction text about something that really happened in the past, do I write in past tense?
- Present tense question (in writing literature)? - I have a sentence in an essay (informal, but it still has to be written in the present literary tense) that is written as something like “she was rich, but they did not allow it.”Essays are supposed to be written in present tense (present perfect is allowed too), so how am I supposed to write
- Past or present tense for my essay? - i know you use present tense when writing a normal essay, but what about research essays?if you read The Great Gatsby, im comparing the events in the novel to the authors life. would i use present tense when talking about the events in the novel, then use past tense when talking about the
- General question about a 5 paragraph essay? - Does each paragraph have to have the same verb tense? Can I have the 1st and 2nd paragraphs in the present tense, but have the last 3 paragraphs be in the past tense? I think that the verb tense should remain constant, but i’m not sure.
- When writing a persuasive essay, do I have to write in present tense? - I am supposed to write an essay on how the Black Plague was influential in facilitating the rise of the Renaissance, and I’m not sure if I should be writing the essay in present or past tense, since the Black Plague had happened such a long time ago.Help, please?
- Do I use present tense or past tense for my English Lit. essay? - I’m writing an essay on Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart, and today, my teacher told me to change all the past tenses I had in my essay to present tense because “literature is timeless.”I am currently revising and editing my essay, and I have a sentence which states “the two cultures also had very different
- Essay formats in terms of grammar? - Should you be consistent when you’re writing an essay. Like always stay in the past tense or present tense when you are writing an essay? or it depends? Should different paragraphs have different tense?
- Which tense should be used in compare and contrast essay? - Depends. If the essay is for History- Past. Science- Present since most scientific activities are occuring right now. English- Depends usually present since grammer is set in stone.For others- Read the question. Usually, the tense is in the question. If it isn’t, think. Are the objects or activities being compared and contrasted current or past?Hope