I'm a junior, and my cumulative will be a 3.0 by the end of the year.OSU is my DREAM school. It's the only college I want to go to.If I have a 3.0 cumulative GPA,really good letters of recommendation (one from my honors chemistry teacher or one from my honors german teacher, and my counselor--he's been fantastic; he knows why my grades weren't god my freshman year (bc of family reasons) and he can vouch for that), a 30 ACT (I'm waiting on my results from the latest ACT), my last SAT was 1630 (taking it again next weekend, but I'm more focused on the ACT)I've been on the varsity swim team for 3 years, qualified for states two years Water polo varsity for two years, played polo for 3 yearsSwim and polo captain for next yearSelected as an OSU MLK Jr. Scholar (top two african american students from each school are recognized at OSU)Won the EF Tours Global Citizen contest (thousands of students across the nation applied, 20 were chosen to win a scholarship to Germany)People editor on the yearbook staff, will be yearbook editor next yearOn BARE literary magazineSpecial Olympics volunteerSelected to help with freshmen orientation (only a select few are chosen)Might be a camp counselor next year (will hear back beginning of next year)I live in OhioThese are the classes I have taken:9th grade: honors lit and comp, global history, physical science, lunch, wellness, german, study hall, geometry10th grade: american hist, english, biology, lunch, study hall, german, advanced algebra, photography/photographic technology (each was 1 semester)11th grade: ap english, ib psychology (not taking it next year), honors chemistry, lunch, ceramics/study hall (each was one semester), honors german, yearbook, and advanced functions and trig12th grade: ap english, ap government, ap chemistry, lunch, study hall, yearbook, ap german, precalculusI also know I'll have a very strong essay (my yearbook teacher was a harvard grad and she is an amazing editor, and i'm a very strong writer so i'm confident in that)I have family reasons as to why my grades weren't as good as they are nowMy grades have an upward trendso, chances of getting onto main campus? should i apply right away, or should i wait for my first semester senior grades to be complete to apply?what can i do to strengthen my chances of getting in besides studying harder and good SAT/ACT? (also, If i score over 30 on the ACT, will that boost my chances a lot?)and does race play a factor in admissions?
- Do you think i could get into NYU TIsch? - I’m currently a junior in high school. I make mostly As and Bs. Here are my grades for my high school so far and scores, etc. Freshman Honors World History B Visual Arts 1 A Theatre Arts 1 A Honors English 1 A Honors Geometry A French 1 A Earth and environmental A Honors Biology
- Does this look like an impressive, average, or below average Transcript/Course List? - Grade 9Biology (9) 86%Algebra I (9-11) 95%Modern History (9) 90%Themes in Literature (9) 90%Grade 5 RCM Exam Voice (9) 78%Grade 5 RCM Exam Theory (9) 73%Grade 10Chemistry (10) 95%Algebra II° (10-11) 95%Grammar and Composition IV (10) No gradeWorld Literature (10) 90%French (Rosetta Stone) No Grade Grade 6 RCM Voice Exam (10) 85%Grade 6 RCM Theory
- How Important are Grades When Applying for College? - I want to attend Temple University, but my grade’s are not the best. I have a 2.75 GPA…I havent gotten my SAT scores back yet, but I’m confident, and I know that I can write a very good admissions essay.I plan on going into linguistics, and have taken four languages this year and am going
- 3.3 GPA so far before senior year, 31 on ACT, honors/APs and extra-curriculars: what are my chances? - I’m beginning my senior year in the fall, and right now i have an overall high school GPA of 3.3. I am positive I can get very good grades with next year’s class schedule (which includes 2 AP’s and being an editor of the paper in Advanced Journalism), so that should raise my overall high
- Can I expect to be accepted to UW-Madison? - I will be applying to be a freshman during the 09-10 school year:-I have an ACT of 31 (with writing)-I have a 3.9 GPA (unweighted), 4.2 (weighted)-Im ranked 2nd in my class of about 200.-By the time I graduate I will have taken:-3 semesters of gym-1 year of art-4 years of orchestra (2 honors)-1
- Senior year – 1st Semester Grade importance for Wake, UNC etc…? - I’ve had straight A’s through my 3 years of HS… But for senior year 1st Semester, I think I may get 3 B’s (AP Classes) and 1 C for my Math.. (Honors Course)… I have A’s for the rest…. Just wondering if its going to hurt my chances at these schools…Johns HopkinsUNC – Chapel HillUCSDSUNY
- Admission into NYU College of Arts and Science? - NYU (college of arts and science) Biology Majorwrote some really killer essays and I really emphasized on my diverse cultural background, if thats a good thing? (if you have time to read em u can drop me ur email)Im pretty sure I got some good recommendations, and I also got a recommendation from a neurosurgeons