‘Life isn’t always fair…Life isn’t fair, because if it was, there wouldn’t be people dying for no acceptable reasons every day, wars between countries wouldn’t exist, and a lot of people in this world wouldn’t have to suffer extreme poverty and starvation...but you have to do the best with what you’ve got.’Life may not be as easy as it is to others; there is no reason to feel sad about it. Not everyone is born rich, not everyone rides a shining car to school, not everyone eats extravagant food and wears luxurious clothes, but everyone has the chance to change the life they live through the power of choice. Choice and self-confidence is what you need to survive the challenge of life being unfair.Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games is a great example whom life has not been fair to. The Hunger Games is a morbid competition which takes place annually in the country of Panem. Every year, one boy and on girl between the ages of 12 and 18 is selected each of the twelve Districts as Tributes, who prepare for a week and then go into an outdoor arena to fight to the death. The event is nationally televised as mandatory for all citizens and the last living Tribute is declared as the Victor.When her little sister, Primrose Everdeen, was picked to join the games, Katniss volunteered to take her sister’s place. Instead of her sister, Katniss is the one to go into the arena with the other Tributes from other Districts and fight until she win or die. In this situation, Katniss’ life has been extremely unfair. Why? Once again, life is just cruelly unfair.When Katniss was in the arena, all she got was a bow and arrows. But instead of crying and dreading the fact that she was in the brink of death, she embraced her destiny with courage and determination to win the games. She used her weapon to hunt for food to survive and to protect herself. In this situation, we reflect through her character by realizing that instead of getting angry about how life is unfair to you, use what you have to survive.In the end, Katniss won the Hunger Games. But she couldn’t have done it without being courage. She could have been killed by the other Tributes if she didn’t think right. You are born with a brilliant mind, use it. Don’t let the unfairness of life get you, or else you’ll find yourself depressed and mad about everything.In addition to this, Katniss Everdeen teaches you that choices are just as important as the qualities you are born with. You can actually choose who or what you want to be. Rich people wouldn’t be rich forever if they wouldn’t invest. Some people have got it all; brains, money, luck, and happiness, other people just don’t have it. It is very unfair, but you can do nothing about it.If you want to accomplish something, you have to fight for it. I therefore believe that the statement ‘life isn’t always fair, but you have to do the best with what you’ve got’ is true. You may not have everything in life, but you have got a choice, and the most important thing is to be true to yourself and to never give up. Fight for who you want to be, don’t let the unfairness of life ruin you. Choose your own destiny.
- What do you think of my essay? - ****WARNING- CONTAINS A COUPLE MINOR SPOILERS FROM THE HUNGER GAMES*****Do you think my essay/ letter is good? What grade would you give a sophomore in high school for it?So, we had to read the book “The Hunger Games”- a fairly easy book- for our honor’s summer reading. This is the assignment:”The author is coming to
- Unfairness of wealth distribution, this is my topic for a social position paper ( please comment on essay)? - “Life is unfair” this is phrased so many times within our life time, but the people who presents this idea to us; do they know what unfair really is? Have they overcome unfairness and the disturbing reality that follows it? It’s within honesty to suggest that life is only unfair to people who don’t realize
- Do most people believe that destiny is already chosen for you or you choose your own destiny? - Okay, so I have to write an essay about whether you can choose destiny or if destiny chooses you. The first paragraph is an introductory paragraph, the second is about you being able to choose your own destiny, the third paragraph is about destiny choosing you, the fourth is my opinion about the subject and
- I need a few quotes from the novel The Hunger Games? - I’m, writing an essay and i need some evidence hence a Quote to help my thesis statement Throughout the novel The Hunger Games Collins shows the oppressive nature of the capitol; hunger, violence and fear are all prominent in Panem.Hunger Violence Fear Those are the type of quotes needed, Thank you
- Can someone make a timeline of events that happen in the book Hunger Games? - I need to make a timeline of all the important events that happen in the book Hunger Games and I have this 300-400 word essay and all this other stuff I have to do so I’m really swamped please help!
- CAN SOME ONE PLEASE CHECK MY ESSAY – prefrably a teacher thankss!? - People are often asked once in their life what they believe is important to them. A person may say their children, car or most likely family and friends. In 1868 through to 1869 Louisa May Alcott expresses a strong novel Little Women; a novel based on a family of four girls and of their family
- Can you help me edit my essay? - For me, optimism is what helps a person fight life’s storm. Being optimistic means having hope in life, and hope is the most important thing a person can have. Even if you have nothing else it is hope that sustains you. Optimism is all around you, through soldiers, when you take trips to