I feel like my essay is really bumpy and needs to be tied together. These are just the 3 body paragraphs:The mocking bird symbolizes all the people who were mistreated, during the great depression. It represents the innocent. To kill a mocking bird means to destroy innocence. It means to inflict pain on something or someone who has never caused harm to anyone or anything. An example of a mocking bird is Arthur "Boo" Radley.Arthur "Boo" Radley is a mocking bird. He is a mocking bird because he’s never purposely harmed anyone but people have harmed him. He is often talked about and the citizens of Maycomb make up false rumors about him. Boo has never caused any harm to anyone, yet people still think that he’s a horrible person. It’s rumored that he’s a monster that is chained to his bed and has stabbed his father. They say he eats live animals and that he’s homicidal. These rumors are killing him slowly and destroying his innocence. The real boo is someone who’s generally good. He plays fun games and saves lives.When Jem and Scout got their rifles Atticus told them it’s a sin to kill a mocking bird. Later on Scout asked Miss Maudie Atkinson why it was on sin and she replied by saying "Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." (Lee 90) When Atticus says the quote Its a sin to kill a mocking bird, he means it’s a horrible thing to destroy something so innocent . Miss Maudie later explains the quote by saying what it means to be innocent.
- To Kill A Mockingbird Essay help!(Easy 10+ points)? - i wrote this essay about the theme of innocene in the story. all i need is some things you think i sholud fix or edit. waht do you think should be different here, anything (if so what?)here it is:P.S. thanks for all the help Innocence is a special quality that is very important in
- Adjectives for Miss Maudie? - I have an essay to write for Miss Maudie, and old kind-hearted woman in To Kill A Mockingbird. I have to choose 3 adjectives, more or less, that describe her. I already have Open-minded (maybe have to find a synonym for that), and Prudent. I need one that fit’s in with when she tells Scout
- Further editing on my essay, anything to add? - Prompt: In some works in literature, a static, more minor character actually has a significant presence and plays a key role. Analyze and explain what the character’s purpose is in TKAM. Specifically discuss how the character affects the development of other characters and the novels’ themes. how does this static character contribute to the greater
- Help with “to kill a mockingbird” ? what to write the essay about? - for our post reading assignment, we have to identigy the speakers and how this quote reflects the ideas of the novel. The quote: “When he gave us our air rifles Atticus wouldnt teach us to shoot. Uncle jack instructed us in the rudiments thereof; he said Atticus wasnt interested in guns. Atticus said to Jem,
- Help finding To Kill a Mockingbird quotes? - I have an essay on who three symbolic mockingbirds in To Kill s Mockingbird are. I chose Boo Radley, Atticus, and Tom Robinson. I know some quotes that I want, but I have searched the whole book and can not seem to find them.Please help me find:1. The quote that Miss Maudie says about Atticus,
- To Kill a MockingBird Essay? - In the book To Kill a Mockingbird how does Atticus Finch use his quote “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view — until you climb into his skin and walk around in it,” and apply to Tom Robinson. Im trying to write and essay which says
- To Kill A Mockingbird: Need help choosing an essay topic? - As a freshman this year, I am taking English 1 Honors. We are writing about To Kill a Mockingbird, and my teacher is allowing us to choose our own topics. I need help choosing what would be the “easiest”, or one that would be the best to write on.Here are my options:#1- Discuss the use