For many years, I have desired to become an attorney. As a child, I would read children's books involving the justice system, such as those from the Science Court series. I loved learning about how lawyers, judges, and other officers of the court worked to make our justice system operate. I especially enjoyed reading about the lawyers. The methods they used to present their cases eloquently, and effectively piqued my interest and changed my view of them. Years ago, lawyers were considered to be pillars of their communities, and were revered by all, but the public’s view of lawyers has significantly deteriorated in recent years. Lawyers are now portrayed as being selfish, arrogant, and unsympathetic, but not all lawyers exhibit such reprobate characteristics. Most are hardworking people who are dedicated to upholding the law, and the rights of all those who are governed by it. In a profession full of corruption, and dishonesty, these individuals are willing to stand up for the tenets on which this country was founded: justice, truth, and morality. It is my wish to join them in the fight against malfeasance, and immorality within the legal profession. Hamilton College can give me the knowledge, and experience necessary to achieve this goal, with their extensive Pre-Law program, and internship opportunities, but financing a Hamilton education is a difficult task. This scholarship can help to make the tuition payments less burdensome. If granted this scholarship, I vow to help restore honor, and dignity to the legal profession.
- How does the senate judiciary committee work? - I am doing an position essay about supreme court judges and who i would pick to fill the spots on the supreme court if their were any open positions. I am supposed to be on the White House Counsel and recommend a person for chief justice to Obama. I know that the senate judiciary committee
- 10 points to any one who can make 250 word essay on the importance of voting? - With the presidential election upon us, it is more important than ever to get out and vote. Many people think that their vote does not matter. Imagine if everyone felt that way – we would never elect a president! There have been many, many elections – not just on a local level – that have
- Explain JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED (in essay form)? - I am not going to write an essay, but when justice is delayed – it is almost the same as there not being any justice at all because it has not happened. For example, if a person commits a crime and has not been to court yet due to some delays, it is similar
- ABRAHAM LINCOLN QUESTIONS? - 1.WAT WAS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LINCOLN AND STEPHEN A. DOUGLAS—–A—.THEY CAMAINGED AGAINST EACH OTHER FOR THE SENATE—-B—BOTH KNOW TO TELL GREAT JOKES—-C—-DOUGLAS WROTE A BOOK ABOUT LINCOLN——-D—–DOUGLAS WAS A FARMER WHOM LINCOLN DEFENED IN COURT WHY DOES AN AUTHOR FEEL LINCOLN WAS THE GREATTEST HUMORIST
- My essay on my religious views, pls comment on my views? - I was born and raised as a Catholic, and I am still a Catholic, I believe Jesus is the son of God, he preached and inspired millions to live better lives about love, kindness and equality, I believe in the spiritual significance of the Catholic sacraments, and I believe in universal salvation through Jesus, that
- I need help with Islamic Morality? - Hello all I am writing an essay and I need to back it up with Islamic morality. Unfortunately, I know little to none about this moral system. I was wondering if anyone can give me good websites that has quotes with passages numbers that I can back it up in my essay. Or can you
- What is the penalty for first offence shoplifting for a minor in West Virginia? - My friend stole two shirts out of a store in the mall and got caught by the owners. They told him that he would probably go to court (not a full court though) and get some sort of sentence. They said it would probably include either an essay or community service. he’s a minor (15)