I think I remember my English teachers in school telling us to give and opening sentence with on overview of your three basic ideas. We were then supposed to compose the body of the essay with three paragraphs. Each one containing an idea and examples to support it. I downloaded this Cliff's G.E.D. prep off the internet and it's telling me different. It says to write my opening paragraph introducing the three basic ideas. It then tells me to write a one paragraph body, using an example to back up every idea. I take my G.E.D. test in two weeks. English lit has always been my strong point in school and I always got 4s on my essay papers. However, it's been seven years since I've been in a classroom. But back to the point, has memory failed me and I'm supposed to write a one paragraph body, or do I do a three paragraph body. I guess it doesn't really matter either way, as long as my ideas are strongly supported, in a clear manner. But I'm trying to start college in September so I really need to get all of these tests right. Thanks.
- I need a title for my memory essay? - My memory is about my pontiac grand prix catching fire on September 11th 2007. A thesis sentence would also be WONDERFUL! In the essay I talk about September 11th 6 years ago, with the twin towers, i also talk about September 11th 2009. but my main subject is my car catching fire on september 11th
- How to write an IGCSE essay? - I’m having real trouble knowing how to write an essay, I got 6/25 on my test and I think that should be something to be worried about LOL. It’s funny really because my vocabulary is quite broad yet I cannot write a simple essay. Well here is what I know so you can correct my
- Please read and help my essay,the title it was “Achieving my goal” due today so respond quickly? - Write your thesis statementbegin with a good intro, like telling a story about how a lawyer who devotes her life to helping low-income family members get their civil rights.In the body Paragraph, tell reader how this lawyer’s selflessness changed your value and attitude toward your career.Ending paragraph, go back to your main point in
- G.E.D! How well did I do on my Pre-tests? - Hello everyone Before I state my inquisition, I’d like to say that I’m 16 years old. I suddenly quit having any interest in school or my education about 3 years ago. I was retained in 7th grade for lack of attendance and that placed a massive load on my self-respect and dignity for
- Can you help me with an essay I need to write? - I am going back to school for the first time in a VERY long time (15 years), so it has been a while since I’ve had to write any papers. Well I have one due on Monday night, and I have no idea how to write it. It is for my Sociology class.
- Illustration essay question? - My topic is like…Failure is the best teacher. I didn’t really choose it, it was on a list. But yeah, I have two really good body paragraph ideas, but I didn’t know if three body paragraphs were required? It doesn’t say if I need three or not..and if I do, if you could help me
- Need help with essay? - i have to write a 5 to 10 page essay and i have no idea what to write about. it has to be in my point of view. Anyone have topic ideas and i have trouble going from one paragraph to the other, like connecting the paragraphs so it makes sense, for example going from