I wrote an essay on the techniques explored in the poem Valentine by Carol Ann Duff. Its really long and I got a good mark but almost too long, she says I have to make my ntro shorter but I have no idea how to..My intro has to start with.."Carol Ann Duffy's "Vaentine" is a negative criticism of love" and then i need to sum up the basic situation in 2-3 sentences.. PLEASE HELP!?Oh and also I have respond to the question stating that suffy uses symbols, word choice, imagery and tone she used to expore and present all the sides of love to the reader. HOW THE H*ELL CAN I DO THAT IN 5 SENTENCES!?
- QUICK EASY English Help Please!? - I have been given the essay question “How does Goldsworthy (the author) engage the reader throughout Maestro (the book)?” I know that the first one or two sentences of my introduction need to show that i understand the question and i have to put it into my own words. So can I please have your
- Can anyone combine these ideas into one thesis statement? - I’m writing a 4 paragraph essay about two different poems and how they use diction and imagery to create a tone. Here’s my starting paragraph, my teacher told me to combine the things in my first paragraph to create one fluid sentence.Both poets, Langston Hughes and Countee Cullen express unique and different views on racism
- Can anyone grade my essay please? - it’s on english literature gcse aqa, and please grade it and include any criticisms! this is the question;Compare how the poets present characters in “singh song!” and one other poem from character and voice. THANK YOU! ;D Language is used in both peoms “singh song!” and “give” to emphasise the character presented by the poets.
- Concluding sentence for Hamlet? URGENT? - I’m writing an essay on deception imagery, disease imagery, and madness imagery that’s found in Hamlet and i’m stuck on the very last sentence of the whole essay! PLEASE HELP! My teacher wants it to leave the reader of my essay ponder my points I have made and be able to APPLY IT TO THEMSELVES!
- Is this is a good introduction…? - I am writing an essay on ‘A View From the Bridge’ by Arthur Miller…this is the question on it…Choose a play in which there is a scene where a character makes a fatal error. I am talking about when a character makes a telephone breaking the law of his community..does this sound good..and fit the
- Are there any forms of literary criticism that are right wing? - No more Marxist criticism please! If literature is this infested with the far left I’ll just make up my own criticism and write about it — Hayekian criticism, Capitalist criticism, something…But seriously, are there any kind of conservative criticisms? It’s so painful writing essays on feminism, etc.
- How many paragraphs would you guess that a 1000 words essay/article would contain? - It could contain one 1000-word paragraph.Single sentences have been written that are more than 1000 words. Victor Hugo wrote one sentence in “Les Miserables” that was 823 words long. There is also, apparently, a Polish novel, “Gates of Paradise”, with a 40,000 word sentence. Jonathan Coe’s The Rotters Club, published in 2001, contains a