My old computer will not load up... whenever i turn it on it just says press f1 to continue.. turns off then does the same... i've given up on it and bought a new one. The thing is that my old comp has lotsa pics, essays, music etc that i would like to get access to on its hard drive. I don't want to pay for someone to fix the comp as I have a new one. I just need to somehow access my hard drive. I have heard that I need an IDE cable to hook up to the old comp's hard drive?How does this work? My computer knoweldge is average... I have never messed around with the inside of a comp before but reckon i can open the tower up and access the hard drive (if i know which part the hard drive is). Is this a straight fwd job or shall i get someone a bit more knoweldgeable to do the job?Thanks.
- Laptop processor question? - Hi i was wondering which is better for a laptop (gonna be used for programming-comp sci student-, essays, lecture notes etc, not gaming, quite basic comp use besides the programming part):2.0GHz Intel Pentium P6100 processor with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technologyor Intel Core i5-430M Processor
- How hard is pharmacy school going to be? - I am 17 and im a senior in high school im already taking some college classes early (English comp and us government) I want to be a pharmacist ive thought about it for about 3 years now. I like medicine and chemistry and the pay is good. Im not so great in math im just
- Please Help! I just uploaded all my files from my old hard drive onto an external hard drive…? - it shows that it uploaded a bunch of files cause the external hard dive is half full now. However I need one essay paper for two months ago, it is a word file saved in word 2007. Only I don’t see any new word files. I have a cable that allows me to took up
- Applying to colleges this fall…? - Hi,I want to attend a good university. I am a foreigner/immigrant (senior in high school, class of 2011), and live in Connecticut. Right now, I have a 3.7-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and 4.0 weighted and have taken 4 AP classes so far:AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Computer Science and AP US History.
- For those who are intense on computers…? - I am having a problem with my HDD. It is the one from a Toshiba Satellite M55-S325. I think the problem occurred when i updated Trillian. It told me that there was an update and I downloaded it. Then I restarted my computer and when I opened Trillian it said it was missing a language
- Looking for a College? - Situation:Want to study Physics (more specifically, applied physics, theoretical physics, nuclear physics, or petroleum engineering)Going to 4 year college, then to graduate school.31ACT Comp, 33ACT Sci, 35ACT Math, 2020SAT Comp, 800SAT Math3.8-4.0 GPA Weighted, 3.5-3.7GPA UnweightedCollege Requirements: [Organized by importance (more important = higher on list)]-full or near full ride (due to test scores and
- Speach competition I need a topic? - My teach volunteered me for a speech comp. And I have until this Thursday to find 8 min of liturarure to read any suggestions? Short stories, cutting from novels, drama, essays, or other non fiction work centered on a specific topic. I would greatly appriciate it