I'm in Yr 11 and looking at college courses.I want to be a Radiographer or something in those lines... I've looked up the requirement for the course which is 1 science at grade C or above.I want to take...Biology- Definitely. But I'm only working at a grade C in science.(I'm doing double science not triple science.) I could have gotten a grade B but my Physics exam has put my grade down. Will I find it hard in college? Psychology- I'm kind of interested in Psychology but I have never had any course which involves it. I don't know if it will suit me. I am predicted A for English.Statistics- Apparently, Maths looks good in your CV. I have gotten high Bs in my Maths GCSE. Is statistics a way to go? Or will it be too hard for me?-------------The 4rth subject is a bit unsure. But I'm considering...Fine Art- Courseworks and practical things are what I'm good at. I'm working at a high A* for Art. But is Fine art Alevel too hard to to achieve an A? Also, does it really take so much of your time? Will it prevent me from concentrating on my other subjects? Also, it isn't an appealing qualification when applying for college? Will it prevent me from getting into the university course I want?Sociology- I don't really want to have another essay exam but I'm still considering this.Health and social care- Will this qualification help with me get into the course? or is it too much a soft subject?
- How hard is it to get a 4 on AP exams? - Junior year was my first year taking AP exams and I’m wondering how hard it is to achieve a 4 on the exams. I took AP US History exam and the AP physics B exam. I think I did very well on the APUSH multiple choice (didn’t really have to guess on any of them)
- Is the American education system really this ridiculously easy? - I know everyone says that Americans are really badly educated. I always thought there might be some truth to that but I thought it had to be exaggerated. But I just did some research and discovered that the ACT is the test taken by students to get into college. I looked up the sample papers
- What would you recommend to someone who never did maths, but wants to learn? - as a kid i went to an alternative school that allowed me to not do any work. i went from grade 7 – 10 doing basically nothing, except for drawing/art. for some reason this went on without anything being done by parent or school, and i was too distracted or stupid to realise where this
- How are exam papers marked? Has anyone ever marked exam papers? - How are exam papers marked? any tips on exam essays?have you ever marked exam papers? how are they marked, and what does the markers look for in exam essays? are they marked by markers, who are qualified in that certain subject or just by anyone with any qualification? should i structure my exam essay as
- Why does he have such high expectations of me? - My dad keeps pressuring me to do sport, its not that im too lazy to take up sport but its the fact im doing four essay based A levels. Yes that’s four 750 – 1500 word essays a week and he wants me to take up a sport on top of studying! Why would i
- I Hate My Life, What Can I Do? - I am 28.5 years old and I haven’t achieved a lot in life. When I was younger, my mum and dad always put me down because I wasn’t academically intelligent. They call me ‘stupid’ ‘failure’ ‘thick’ and ‘sick’ for not doing well at school. I was also bullied by school children, because I wasn’t attractive
- Doubtful education system, help? - I have graduated with a Canadian high school diploma in Malaysia, i was wandering is that qualification the same as what the Canadians student are doing. Grade 12 subjects are taught to me, at first i’am not used to it as participation happen in class all the time, it plays an important role here,