Margaret Atwood, James Baldwin, G. K. Chesterton, Joan Didion, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Paul Fussell, Zora Neale Hurston, Samual Johnson, Norman Mailer, Mary McCarthy, Vladimir Nabokov, Joyce Carol Oates, George Orwell, George Santayana, George Bernard Shaw, John Updike, Gore Vidal, Alice Walker, Eudora Welty, E. B. White, Virginia Woolf. I am looking for a book that is easy to read but still has enough depth for a nice essay.
- Which books have influenced you the most? - Which books have influenced you the most? I am not talking about books that you necessarily “liked” the most but ones that made you stop and think.Here’s some of my list in no particular order.1. Long walk to Freedom. Nelson Mandela2. Black Mischief Evelyn Waugh3. Homage to Catalonia George Orwell4. 1984 George Orwell5. Animal
- How did the relationship between the major political groups change during Orwell’s time in Spain? - I had to read Homeage to Catalonia by George Orwell for a history lecture class and for our essay that one of the questions required to answer is the title of this post. any help is appreciated
- How do you make a good introduction paragraph and a ending paragraph of a essay of a story? - i’m writing a essay on the story called “the Flowers” by Alice Walker. i just need some help how to make those paragraphs good enough to give me a good grade. plz help!
- What is the best book to compare 1984 to? - Hi. I am reading 1984 by george orwell, and have to write a comparison essay on it to another book. it can be any book, but i would like it to be a tad similar, or just have ideas that would be good to compare it to. I’ve been trying to figure this out for
- Help! book essay and summarization? - ok so i had to read two books over the summer and i only read one. we have to write two essays, one for each book. the book i didnt read is sens and sensibility. if youve read it tell me what its about and dont spare me any details. go in depth about it.
- I don’t get it. can some1 please explain what it means? - we are doing essays on the book animal farm by george orwell and i was given the following thesis: animal farm is actually an indictment on tyrannycan someone please explain what this means
- Is this a good start to my essay? - I am writing a paper for summer school (faled english zzzzzz). I dont want to fale agan so can you corect. It comparing u.s. government from now and 1776.The U.S. government ain’t what it use to be. Back in the day, people did not have to do stuff for props. It is a good life