I have been given the essay question "How does Goldsworthy (the author) engage the reader throughout Maestro (the book)?" I know that the first one or two sentences of my introduction need to show that i understand the question and i have to put it into my own words. So can I please have your thoughts on what my interpretation of the question should be...? So far this is what I have... "Goldsworthy uses themes, techniques, language forms and structure which engages the reader though out Maestro" ---- But this is very basic and won't get me top marks so I many need help to make it better...? I also now have this which is a differenent to the one above but i feel is the better approach --- "Throughout "Maestro" Goldsworthy uses a magnetic skill in his writing which keeps the reader struggling to know more." So any changes to these starts which make it better would be nice, also if you have your own idea on how to start it please let me know... :)
- Carol Ann Duffy poem help please? :)? - I wrote an essay on the techniques explored in the poem Valentine by Carol Ann Duff. Its really long and I got a good mark but almost too long, she says I have to make my ntro shorter but I have no idea how to..My intro has to start with..”Carol Ann Duffy’s “Vaentine” is a
- Why did the nonviolent civil rights movement give way, on the eve of its greatest successes, to more radical..? - black nationalism and a climate of violence?This is a potential essay question for my US History Exam and I am struggling on where to start. Any input would be nice, sources are even better. Thanks.
- Is my essay decent for my English final? - I had to write an essay on why is critical thinking an important skill to develop. What is critical thinking? Critical thinking is simply just thinking about thinking. When you begin to think about why you do stuff you start forming your own opinions on a variety of subjects. If you
- What do you think of this idea for my commonapp essay? - So, I was thinking of writing an anecdote from a childhood struggle with cancer using thoughts, images, and memories so that it will feel like the reader is in my mind as a child. I still remember thoughts I had from my bone marrows to the mediport in my chest, to the chemo and my
- What is a good idea for an essay about growth? - I am graduating soon and need a good idea to relate my speech to. Something like how a flower grows, but it starts from a seed to a whole new thing. Any ideas would be nice.
- I’m unsure as too my answer for English class…? - We were required to read something Margaret Atwood wrote about “The Writer’s Responsibility”.The question was “in light of Atwood’s essay, what responsibilities do you feel a writer has towards his or her audience?my answer is this:I feel that the responsibility an author has towards his or her audience is not necessarily set in stone. I
- How is this essay i wrote to convince my parents i need a camera? - There are times in life that you wish you could remember better. Even though you tell it to a friend, it’s just not quite as clear as when it happened. From first steps to first job- these memory are only known in your brain. But it’s a new age and moments like these can be