low gpa (3.0), highest SAT as of now (1730) math: 560, reading: 550, writing: 620 my grades are low however, i have an increase in gpa every year (freshman year my worst) and i am taking two aps and an honors and advanced course senior year. ( 1 ap and 1 honors junior year) i have a lot of sports, extracurricular activities, clubs, volunteer hours, awards for writing ( I will major in English), 2 letters of rec. from two favorite teachers/ best classes and from guidance (saying how my gpa is increasing over years) i have a passion for writing and hoping to have success with my essays. i am wondering if applying ED to any of these schools would even give me a chance of getting in: William and mary, wake forest, emory, furman, villanova early action) i know they are all huge reaches but please let me know if i have any chance or a better chance at one particular school. please respond only with valid info, thank you!
- Chance me please!? - I’d like to know what my chances are of getting into some of the colleges I’m looking at with these credentials:GPA: 3.6-3.7 (uw), 4.2-4.3(w), top 10%SAT: M 760, CR 670, W 710currently a junior(asian male) in a public school.4 APs this year, 4 APs next year, w/ many honors throughout high school, lots of science
- High School Freshman English? - ok so this week i have to either sign up for honors english for 9th grade or just go to regular english next year (i am in 8th grade). i currently have a 4.0 GPA and am a very strong writer. however, honors english would require a bunch more reading and more essays and more
- Will someone check for grammar please, no “too long”? - I had never seriously wanted to go to College. If I asked if I wanted to go to college when I was a freshman year I would respond positively but nonchalantly. Something along the way had to wake me up and unfortunately cruel fate took the life of my good friend and his family. Of
- Do I have a shot at any of these schools(all Northeast)? - I’m afraid I won’t get accepted because of my grades, I have changed since then and have actually started trying at school.I have a 2.65 GPA, 1470 on SAT’s I’m in a few honors classes and was mostly in all advanced throughout high school. I played football and wrestled and I am currently trying to
- What are my chances at these schools; Harvard, Brown, Stanford, Cornell? - I want to apply to Brown, Cornell (EARLY ACTION), NYU, U of Penn, Stanford, Dartmouth, Berkley, Harvard (I’m aware Harvard’s unrealistic – just throwing it in there for fun) Kenyon and Washington State (I know thats a massive list )**before you begin please note I’m not looking for a pat on the back,
- Applying for transfer to multiple schools? - I’m going to be applying for transfer to several top schools for the coming spring semester of 2010 (i.e., the January-May semester of 1020). I’m trying to get a head start on this process since I know from high school that it can quickly become an unexpected amount of work obtaining documents and writing essays
- Can I expect to be accepted to UW-Madison? - I will be applying to be a freshman during the 09-10 school year:-I have an ACT of 31 (with writing)-I have a 3.9 GPA (unweighted), 4.2 (weighted)-Im ranked 2nd in my class of about 200.-By the time I graduate I will have taken:-3 semesters of gym-1 year of art-4 years of orchestra (2 honors)-1