im a junior in high school & i really want to go to columbia. im a B+ student and i am involved with a few extra curricular activities. The problem is i come from a school where only 5% of the kids actually do any work. Also the "guidance" counselors don't do much. one of my teachers (one of the few that actually cares) advised me to get involved in more activities and try to bring up my grade and then write a kick *** essay along with getting a good SAT score. But that's just one person's opinion. i want to know what columbia looks for and see if im columbia material. i also heard about the columbia science honors program for high school kids. does anyone have any info on that?
- Should I apply to Columbia Early Decision? - As of now, Columbia is my top choice. However, my parents feel my opinions would change if i were comparing it w other colleges once I get in. I think I don’t stand a chance unless I at least try ED. My parents think I have a chance at other Ivies (Yale, Princeton, Harvard, Brown)
- What are my chances of being accepted into an Ivy League? - Here is my information:I live in a suburb in Southern New Jersey. I am a white male from the middle class.I am ranked 5th (but may be 6th) in my high school class of 669 students.My GPA is either 4.0 or very, very, very close to that.I have played tennis on my high school’s
- Will being from india (indian, south Asian) help my chances for acceptance into columbia university? - i’ve applied for engineering(computer science)I REALLY want to go here and money is not a problem..i know a girl who applied ED with a composite SAT score of 1950…and got in!i have a score of 2010 and REALLY good essays and decent ECs(look at my previous questions for a full profile)…i was initially not interested
- What do you think of my SAT score? - okay so im a sophomore in high school right now, and i took the SAT on may 1st. i got:640 on Critical Reading690 on Math730 on Writing (8 on the essay, 76/80 on the Multiple Choice)that’s a total of 2060 for my SAT score (as a sophomore, this is the first time I took
- Do I have a chance at LMU? - Originally, I was aiming at USC for their School of Cinematic Arts but I don’t think so anymore with the horrible SAT score I just received..Well, I am in a COMPLETE debacle..I just received my SAT scores back with a sad 1670.. (read=480, math=620, writ=570, with my essay score of 9) I really thought
- Can I expect to be accepted to UW-Madison? - I will be applying to be a freshman during the 09-10 school year:-I have an ACT of 31 (with writing)-I have a 3.9 GPA (unweighted), 4.2 (weighted)-Im ranked 2nd in my class of about 200.-By the time I graduate I will have taken:-3 semesters of gym-1 year of art-4 years of orchestra (2 honors)-1
- LIFE OR DEATH IN COLLEGE QUESTION? :D? - I have a 1500 out of 1600 SAT score (780 math , 750 reading) I got a 700 out of 800 in the SAT II physics, perfect score on TOEFL, BUT my gpa sucks , like sucky sucky sucks as in maybe around 2.something.. I just get bored in school don’t know why, all