Well, first of all I had pretty long hair. I'm a freshman in highshool and i take A level English. My teacher started making fun of my hair when it was long about a month ago. She used to compare my hair to a shaggy dog and I couldn't even ask a question in her class without her making fun of my hair. Because of her making fun of me in front of the class so much I suffered in that class. I got an 87 at the end of the semester. I want to be in Honors next year,which is an advanced class. You need an 88 in English to go into Honors. I'm right on the cusp, and I still have half a year to bring my grade up 1 point to be legible for Honors. Our teachers need to give us recommendations too. With a good teacher recommendation I probably could have made it into honors with an 87. Anyway, I got a haircut, a buzz cut, that was pretty short and I think it looked pretty good. I walked into my English class and my teacher made a big deal about my hair and we moved on with class. In the middle of class I asked a question that had already been answered. I didn't realize someone had asked it but apparently they did. After I asked it she laughed at me and said "Jeez I liked it better when I couldn't see you behind that hair." And as you can imagine the whole class started laughing as well as my teacher. Later that class she was calling students up to tell them what her recommendations were. When she talked to me she said that she didn't recommended me to Honors and all that even though I wrote a great entrance essay and am right on the edge with my average. I think I could do very well in Honors. I would think she would recommended me to Honors to at least give me a chance. I think I proved that I deserve to be there, yet she didn't recommended me. Do you think my teacher is being unfair?
- High School Freshman English? - ok so this week i have to either sign up for honors english for 9th grade or just go to regular english next year (i am in 8th grade). i currently have a 4.0 GPA and am a very strong writer. however, honors english would require a bunch more reading and more essays and more
- Do you think that this will make my teacher a bit less mad at me? - Ok, I typed my English essay all pretty, but I forgot to put it inmy bag. I,m usually good with turning in my work on time, but this time I was just so tired that I didn’t bring it to school with me.English has been one of my best classes until this year. I fell
- English tutor treats me differently to the rest of the class? - I’m in my second year of A Levels (I’m 18), studying English Language, English Literature & Philosophy. Basically, in Literature, my tutor just seems to treat me different from the rest of the class and other people have picked up on it also. For instance, he’ll ask a question generally for anybody to answer and
- Should I expose a cheater who doesn’t deserve to be valedictorian? - I am a high school senior and currently ranked 1st in my class. There is a girl that is really close behind me GPA wise and there is a chance that she may surpass me and become valedictorian. I am normally okay with others copying my classwork but never homework or tests. Last year, I
- Will reading more help you improve on essays? - i havent been reading for SOOO LONG. and i feel pretty bad since school started 2 months ago. I’m in English Honors and my teacher assigns us in class essays during sometime of each month.I am yet, failing at all the in-class essays. But i kept thinking to myself if reading more, would it help
- Where should i apply Early Decision? - low gpa (3.0), highest SAT as of now (1730) math: 560, reading: 550, writing: 620 my grades are low however, i have an increase in gpa every year (freshman year my worst) and i am taking two aps and an honors and advanced course senior year. ( 1 ap and 1 honors junior year) i
- Is there any way to get the consequences removed for intentional plagerism? - my friend is an amazing student she is in all honors except english, she used to get awards for her character, and no teacher ever complained about her, in fact teachers love her. She has a sever illness and for her cp english class she had to write an essay she was very sick a