heres the second part of the essay...plz help...suggestions will be taken into consideration...corrections....thanksIf fast food chains were to be banned, people still have the option of buying junk and fatty foods from supermarkets, school and workplace canteens, milk bars, vending machines, restaurants, convenient stores and many other places. Alternatively, they could just buy the ingredients needed for the recipe and make a fatty cheeseburger and chips at home. So banning fast food chains has no affect on obesity levels because people can still add a lot of oils and sugars to their foods at home. Especially homes with children, if the parents are not careful with what they feed their children, the children may be put at risk of developing obesity at a later stage in life. A child’s food decisions are highly influenced by what they see on television, in their homes, at school, in the media and by what they see as good food. Therefore, when the children are not around their parents or are at a place like school, they would be able to buy junk foods from the canteen. This is why it is so important for children to be educated about unhealthy foods and healthy foods at an early age to help them develop good eating habits. Consequently, people may already addicted to fast food and it may be difficult for them to avoid these foods, so they buy these foods at other stores that are not banned.Prohibiting fast foods and fast food chains could increase the cravings of consumers who have already been addicted. People who try to quit smoking find it hard to give up the addictive substance, nicotine, so they just keep smoking because they are forcing themselves into thinking that they cannot have a smoke, which makes them want to smoke even more. Similarly, banning fast food chains will not stop people from buying or making these foods, they will find substitutes and consume them instead. In other words, if they cannot get their junk foods from a chain such as McDonalds, they will find another meal or pre-pared meal filled with oils, fats, preservatives and chemicals. Overall, if fast food chains are to be banned, it would just make consumers want it even more and there would be no differences because consumers will be continually trying to substitute in other fatty foods.However, if fast food chains were to be banned, people would not have the chance to see advertisements or fast food restaurants, so they would not want it as much. In addition, people would learn not to eat fast food because it is not available to them and they would need to buy or cook their own food. This would be a healthier option because most fast foods contain high levels of sugar, fat, salt and preservatives, whereas home cooked meals would contain less sugars and fats and more nutrients and vitamins. For example, if you compare a Big Mac with homemade stir-fry, you can instantly see the difference. A Big Mac has two meat patties, mayonnaise, cheese and a couple of pieces of lettuce, but a stir-fry has a variety of vegetables, some meat and maybe some rice. Eventually, fast food will phase out and people will just learn to choose healthier options, but it may not be that easy or simple, it all starts with a good education on healthy and unhealthy foods.To sum up, banning fast food chains will not necessarily reduce the obesity levels. There are other factors that contribute to obesity, such as the advancement of technology and little vigorous physical activity. There is not point enforcing a fast food ban when there are still supermarkets and milk bars that sell junk food, it is not as if the government can ban all stores of selling junk food, it would be too difficult, time consuming and money wasting. The money could go to more worthy causes such as education on this topic. Obesity levels probably will not change because people would still want their fatty foods and will try to substitute it with other junk foods. I believe that a ban on fast food chains such as McDonalds and KFC will not work, at the end of the day, it is the consumers’ choice to eat these types of foods.
- Can someone read my essay and critique.? - Who is not guilty of serving their family an affordably priced value meal for dinner in place of a home cooked meal? Fifty years ago that was unheard of. Most people at that time ate most of their meals at home. Mothers especially made breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, since the first fast food
- Can someone edit this essay please!? - Over the last few decades, society’s values and lifestyles have changed drastically. They have changed by the way we live, technology, and urban development.Before fast food became popular, women always stayed home and took complete care of their families, cooking and cleaning while the men were at work. Women did not have to work
- WHAT DO I WRITE ABOUT? fast food connection with kids. 10pt.? - I am writing an essay about how fast food and children are connected. I alrealy wroteabout how advertisement is focus on kids and adults.the Colors used in there logohow food is assoiated with movieshow the toys and playground get kids to come to fast food places.how there mindset is being molded by eating junk food
- Do Youu Blame Fast Food Advertising For The Increase In Obesity In Children.? - i’m Doin An Essay On Fast Food Advertising To Children And Would Like To Hear Your Thoughts On It. Do You Think It Is the Reason For An increase In Obesity..? What Do You Think About Online Fast Food Advertising? Please Answer (: Thanks x
- I need help creating a thesis statement for a research paper? - I’m writing a cause and effect essay on the effects of eating too much junk food. I need help coming up with a thesis statement ? Any ideas ?In my paper I’m going to be talking about what causes people to eat more junk food as opposed to healthy food and what effects eating junk
- Could you please rewrite this essay with better English? - Thank you so much guys ! now I am practising my English. I hope if you’re not too busy, please help me somehow ! In some countries, people tend to weigh increasing high while their health is falling at the same time. There are a number of causes and solution regarding this. My opinions are
- Im writing a persuasive essay? - the topic is about childhood obesity and i want to persuade people that all cafeteria foods should be healthy. i have a hooki need help with my thesis statementall cafeteria foods should be healthy because …….., ……….., and cafeteria foods play a major roll in a childs diet. those two blanks need to be things