I am doing this for my preliminary year and i have to choose three texts (different media's) to study the topic of alienation, along with the play 'away' by michael gow.i already have a film (as it is in heaven - swedish movie)and a painting by picasso.As i am in advanced english, our teacher is telling us we have to choose sophisticated texts, meaning not books like twilight, or movies like the dark knight, haha.I was thinking of doing 'the metamorphosis' by franz kafka, but am leaning further and further away as i do not think it would tie in with the other texts i have chosen.what do you think about using 'jane eyre' by charlotte bronte for another of the texts?can you please suggest any sophisticated novels, philosophical essays, poems, picture books, etc, that has a strong relation to alienation and then ultimately belonging (the topic i have to do next year).i would probably be steering clear of novels, and more into some interesting philosophical essays, poems (sophisticated) or picture books.thanks heaps! :)
- How do i write my essay? - i need to write an essay for english ive got plenty of time but im struggling a little. can u please tell me how to write a conceptualised response? my coursework is about the novel Jane Eyre written bu charlotte bronte. the question is how does charlotte bronte create sympathy for jane in the chapters
- Can someone please fix my thesis statement please? - Writing a thesis is my biggest problem, my teacher says its not clear so when the rest of the essay is ok i still cant get much marks cause she says its not a clear thesis so its not really answering the questionTopic: Analyse Bronte’s representation of masculinity in Jane Eyre.Thesis; Charlotee Bronte depicts males
- Jane eyre and short short help? - i need help choosing a topic on an essay. I need to write an essay comparing a contrasting Jane Eyre and a short story of my choose. I am having probelms choosing a short story.I can write about 1. using jane eyre and short story, write an essay in which you analyze how the past
- How to start my english essay? - Comparing Jane Eyre to Juliet Capulet (Romeo and juliet) and how the authors (Bronte and Shakespeare) present their emotions? I have all of the quotes ect but I dont know how to start it off, any ideas?
- What issues regarding Social Class is Jane Eyre faced with? - I have to write an essay, about how social class is presented in Jane Eyre. I need some issues or ideas taht crop up regarding social class and how Jane Eyre faces them. Any idea welcome. Thanks.
- All you english people out there, unite and help me! (essay help)? - My teacher assigned a 5 paragraph essay, about who is happier, jane eyre or emma woodhouse (from Emma). I have four of the paragaphs written, but I don’t know what to even base the last one on. Here’s my outline:I. introII. why jane is happierIII. why emma is happyIV. ?V. conclusion – we all want
- What Books Should I read? - What are some books and authors similar to these or even just a little bit different that I would like? Twilight/Vampire Books = thumbs down.I am well aware of What Should I read next website but its slow, and i don’t get good recommendations from there.The Mezzanine by Nicholson BakerElla Minnow Pea by Mark DunnA