I'm just a young kid just thinking about my future in college and when I work and stuff, and I am at a road block on what I want to be when I grow up.Here's what I am interested in, and what I really like, and things... that I don't really like.-> I've ruled out being a doctor or a lawyer because it seems like they aren't very creative jobs, and that they seem like stable, practical, but slightly boring jobs. I really like being creative, and I'd like to say that my imagination and wit is pretty good. I really love working on projects, and I don't mind essays and creative writing. Projects are great, and I love to put on a great presentation. I go overboard on school projects, and end up doing much more than I need, which makes me feel good inside.I really like thinking of different scenarios and thinking outside the box, outside of the conventional. I don't like following too many methods and being uncreative and unimaginative, so as you may assume my favorite subjects in school are language arts, history, geography, and languages sometimes. Although I am good at math and science, I seem to enjoy the humanities more than them, although they are tolerable.-> I've considered business, but I'm not sure what it would really be like, and if I have the opportunity to be creative or whatnot.Although I'd love a job that I can always enjoy, I also need to consider practical aspects because I'm afraid I'm not totally talented at some music or arts thing, although I really enjoy music and the arts interest me a lot. I plan on going to Emory University, a liberal arts college with an excellent business school, but I'm not sure if I want to follow this yet.And next year for high school I am probably going to a math and science school, so my slight distaste for math and science may be sparked again, but for now, consider what I've said... and can you suggest to me what I should major in, what kind of job you think might suit me, etc? Thank you SO very much!
- Do we have to memorize a lot for CS? - Hi, thanks for all the messages. To briefly inform; I am 38 years old, have a previous Bachelors in Languages what is useless. I mainly worked in business, such as purchasing, sales, production etc but always had the problem with the computer systems. Some people just got it and some like me were struggling how
- When did it “click”? Do you have any suggestions on how to make it happen? - When did it click? I’ve been trying to discover my major for a year or more now….and nothing clicks. How did you choose your major? Do you enjoy it? What jobs do you consider useless? What courses in the medical field are good for those who dislike people? Is all technology/engineering mechanical? It just sucks
- Why am I good at certain subjects but not others? - In school I am really good at math, physics and all aspects of music.I’m also a really good creative writer,but I can’t write real essays for sh*tI also suck at history and foreign language.left brain, right brain? what is it?do you guys have similar things?
- Do you think i could get into NYU TIsch? - I’m currently a junior in high school. I make mostly As and Bs. Here are my grades for my high school so far and scores, etc. Freshman Honors World History B Visual Arts 1 A Theatre Arts 1 A Honors English 1 A Honors Geometry A French 1 A Earth and environmental A Honors Biology
- Chances of getting into a good college? - It has been my dream to go to a good university. I am a foreigner (a junior in a high school), and live in Connecticut. I moved to the U.S. 2.5 years ago. I am a permanent resident though not a citizen. Right now, I have a 3.8-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and
- Applying to colleges this fall…? - Hi,I want to attend a good university. I am a foreigner/immigrant (senior in high school, class of 2011), and live in Connecticut. Right now, I have a 3.7-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and 4.0 weighted and have taken 4 AP classes so far:AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Computer Science and AP US History.
- Michael Jackson fans: Ultimate Michael Jackson survey anyone? (Part 16)? - This is going to be one long question, I hope you MJ lovers and fans enjoy!:1.) What are 10-15 things about yourself? What are 10 things about yourself, that are related to Michael Jackson? (For example for the second question, you can say I can moonwalk, etc.)Here are mine:1.)My name is Marjorie and I am