I just received a rejection letter from the University of Pittsburgh, the only school I applied to. I am taking four AP courses and one honors. I have scored a 2020 on the SATs (710 reading, 690 writing, 620 math) and have a 3.96 GPA. I wrote an essay and sent two letters of recommendation. I, my teachers, and my guidance counselor are all completely disturbed because I didn't get in and we are frantically trying to come up with something for me to take to the admissions office in an attempt to appeal the decision. I have appointment with the admissions office on Tuesday. Anyone who has any experience with appealing a decision, please give me advice! I would like to know:Do you think they will actually reconsider me?What should I say to them/write for them?Why didn't I get in? It's Pitt for chrissake not freaking Harvard!
- Is this well written? i am not sure i followed the format? can someone help me? - I’m writing this letter to ask you to reconsider your decision to reject my appeal on being placed on probation this spring of 2009. I understand I made many error’s, I a’ sure u they won’t be repeated , I hope this new year will bring hope to my education. My father passed
- INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY HELP!? - So I applied for this internship at a hospital and I was totally not expecting to get in because there are like 300 applications and they only choose a few to interview…. but I just got an email saying that I was picked and that completely MADE MY LIFE until I realized that… I have
- Give me your advice on sex? - I’m going to try and write an advice book using random pieces of advice that people online donate to me.The next topic I’m looking at for now is “Sex”. I want you to give advice on any aspect of it you want. It could be two words, or a mini essay, on how to get
- Ideaa!? - i have to write an essay and all i need is an idea to write it on.the essay can be about me, you (answering), or a character, and it has to be one of these themes:Turning point – describe an experience that lead to a turning point in your life.Truth – describe an experience that
- What’s your advice on the topic of ‘Love’? - I’m going to try and write an advice book using random pieces of advice that people online donate to me. The first topic I’m looking at for now is “Love”. Yes, it’s broad, but I want you to give advice on any aspect of it you want. It could be two words, or a mini
- Are my grades too low to get into colleges like MIT and Princeton? - Hi. I am an eleventh grader from India. I rank third in my class, but because of the education system and the steep learning curve in eleventh grade, my 11th grade score(around 83%) may not convey that. I will also require a lot of financial aid. I know that a lot of other stuff like
- Analytical, Exploratory, Structured, or Relational Thinker? - 1) An English teacher focuses on cause and effect when teaching a short story and then allows students to write an essay or report on a character’s decision in the story. To what type of thinker would this assessment most likely appeal?a. analyticalb. exploratoryc. structuredd. relational2) A physical education teacher lets students read material