When did it click? I've been trying to discover my major for a year or more now....and nothing clicks. How did you choose your major? Do you enjoy it? What jobs do you consider useless? What courses in the medical field are good for those who dislike people? Is all technology/engineering mechanical? It just sucks that I do well in all classes but none seem to click.I am currently attending a community college and have a high grade point average. I left a vocational school because my brain felt stilted, and dead. My teachers knew less than I did, and we taught ourselves. Something I could do at home. I was a graphic design major, and while I succeeded, it was not for me. I think most of it was the school. It was Baker College of Port Huron .. . . . and I am debating on returning. I enjoy my new school better, but have no idea what I wish to do. So the debate. I don't want to though, but I do want a career one day. I also don't want to be in school for four years, we have a hard time getting me there now. (I want to, I am just not ready, I have a hard time driving to a small school, and spending the night somewhere.) To my question, how did you find your career, or decide on a major? Good or bad? I have taken career tests many times. They contradict themselves. They say I am creative, and abstract, but also logical. One says I hate the other. One says I hate the creativity, the other that I love it. I have quite a few strengths, and am equally good at learning audibly, visually, and kinetically. I also don't want to make the wrong decision. I just want to hear what others have done, and how they've gotten there. I feel like an idiot, it stresses me out, it makes me cry. I don't want to come home every day and hate my job. I've seen what it did. Left my mother nearly dead, made my once happy sister a shell of her former self. All the stuff I am good at is useless (reading, papers (editing them especially), social studies, memorizing, logic and learning.) I enjoy learning about anything. For example, I might enjoy hearing about algebra, but not doing it. The only thing I enjoy in math is story problems. Science I had an A in AP, B in chemistry, A in biology, and never took physics. I enjoy science, but dislike when it's mostly math focused.. I may enjoy reading up on medicine, but not cutting others open. I enjoy learning facts. I would love to learn about scientific things, robots, plant breeding, etc. I just am not a fan of practical applications, I am awkward at best. When everyone else runs through museums I stop, read, and absorb. I am easily bored, and easily stressed. I know I don't want to be in the medical field. Stress is not my friend, and I believe that those it doesn't call to should not enter it. I'm also a bit clumsy, and prone to do many things at once. For example as I write this post, I am reading, watching television, and planning my essay. I don't know if I have some sort of issue that makes this decision hard, if I'm "strange" (everyone else seems to have it together), or if I just need time. - MATH - I am capable of doing it, and am sure (with a's and b's in it) that higher leveled stuff is no problem. I am just not a fan. I might do accountant but mathematician is a no. - MEDICAL - NO. I praise those that can, but that isn't for me. This economy has me scared. I want a degree that is viable, not a useless one. But I don't want to be miserable. HOW DID YOU DISCOVER YOUR CAREER? Any fun stories, or chance meetings? Do you have any suggestions for a very lost, depressed, sometimes useless, college student?- No military. I am a pacifist and diplomat at heart, and would not get past physical examination. My body is an enemy. - Creative / Investigative / Conventional - According to personality tests, if that helps at all.
- What occupation, job, or major in college do you suggest I do? - I’m just a young kid just thinking about my future in college and when I work and stuff, and I am at a road block on what I want to be when I grow up.Here’s what I am interested in, and what I really like, and things… that I don’t really like.-> I’ve ruled out
- What do you think of my college essay? - My Epiphany of High School Education As a young teenager, I never understood why some people dropped out of high school. The majority gets their GED and goes off to college; some choose to go into, as I call it, the world of labor. I always thought why or how could someone be so dumb, don’t
- I’m overwhelmed by school and my mom doesn’t care? - I am behind on my school, because my classes got hard and I’m online schooled so I have to do my lessons in chronological order and then I end up with stacked up lessons. My mom called my math teacher who said that if I needed help to call her and then I called her
- What are my chances to get into Johns hopkins university(arts and sciences) and CornellU(CALS)? - GPA: 94SAT: 2190- 760 math, 690 reading, 740 writingSAT2: 720 bio, 780 chem, 730 physics, 730 us historyAP classes: world history, euro hist, US hist, psychology, statistics, physics B, micro, spanish, us govt, bio, chem, eng lang’comp, calc ABEC: I am a full time runner, i run cross country, winter track, spring track, and i
- What the heck is going on? why can’t I understand anything I read? - Hi, I’m 21 years old and I’m a university student. I have always had a problem understanding stuff that I read. This even occurs when I read stuff that I enjoy (eg. harry potter and all that cool stuff)…I always interpret stuff the wrong way or much differently. It really affects my exam taking too
- ScholarShip Essay How to begin? - I need to do an essay with this questions:What would you do with $1,000 grant to help students learn and enjoy math?How does your teacher or school make learning math fun?What would you do to make the study of math cool?But how to start or what to put in introduccionGO HERE: [external link]
- How is my SAT score? (first time)? - im a junior in high school. i got a 1600. i got 10 on essay 580 on writing 530 in math and 490 in reading. im a strong math student but i just cant tackle the problems in the math. they arent hard i just dont know what to do. and i suck at reading.