Besides their work through slavery, what did african-americans contribute to America before the Civil War?
I am writing an essay on the contributions of both women and African-Americans [both minorities at the time] before the Civil War. It was easy enough to find information on female contributions, but the only thing that the internet likes to give details about is African-American slavery. It's difficult to find information of any of their other contributions to our country.
- History help slavery in colonial america? - have to write a little essay and really need some help with some key points, read the chapter, im not just here trying to get somebody else to do my homework im just really not following our book. anything helps!Discuss the status of African Americans in colonial America and the early years after American independence
- Can any one correct my grammar error in this paragraph? specially punctuation? - In the article entitled “Critical Essay on “The Invisible Man; or, Battle Royal” literacy critic Liz Brent observes that the main theme in the store is war, a racial war between the white Americans and African Americans, she observes that the grand father’s death bed words where about a war in which he had been
- What’s a better way to write this sentence? - She was governed by manipulated fear of ending up in prison for being nice to an african american.Yeah. I want to focus on making the “being nice to an african american ” part sound more professional…This is an essay about the times of slavery in the U.S. so I’m not being racist or anything.
- Any one know a word that means Mexican and African American? - I have to write an essay about racism and my teacher said this one word that meant both Mexican and/or African American. Unfortunately, I forgot what it was. And I also don’t want to keep writing African Americans and Mexicans a bunch of times. So if anyone knows the word please tell me quick.
- Can you please proof read this? - Frederick Douglass During the year 1838, slavery was very common. An African American had only wished to witness the blessedness of freedoms, and avoid the wretchedness of slavery. The main rhetorical devices that stood out to me were the use of syntax,and the strong use of metaphors. Through this passage we get a slight glimpse
- What is a gang? and what are some charateristics of gangs? - my professor assigned us a essay on african american gangs. i dont know much about gangs nor african am besides that they are aggressive, violent ( no offense to any african american if i offended anyone of you b/c im not trying to) i realli dont know much about gangs either beides they travel in
- I have to do an essay for AP History and I need some help? It’s about what has changed since slavery.? - My essay topic is basically what has changed in the history of the United States in slavery that allows an African American (Obama) to run for president. Where should I get my information and does anyone have any ideas of what I should say? I just don’t know how to justify anything, you know, like