I'm writing a paper about the Roswell Incident, and it's my first college research paper... My professor didn't give us any info on MLA style citations, so I looked it up online. I couldn't seem to find what I was looking for... My question is, do you have to include a parenthesized citation i.e. (answers.yahoo.com) for every quote taken from that source? Here's an example from my essay:"The cover-up did not begin to unravel until the mid-1970s, when two individuals who had been in New Mexico in 1947 separately talked with investigator Stanton T. Friedman about what they had observed."(howstuffworks.com)Now if I wanted to add another quote from howstuffworks.com to my paper, would I need to cite (howstuffworks.com) after each quote?
- MLA citations in essays? - For MLA style in an essay if you have a citation such as (Orwell 263) in the middle of a paragraph and then you quote something else from the same source but a different page do i need to cite it and if i do would it be (Orwell 184) or just (184)?
- Whats considered a source when writing an essay? can i use quotes from the book to count as a source? - A quote is not a source. However, the book that you got the quote from would be a source. Hare are a few links that talk about primary and secondary sources: [external link] … [external link] … [external link] .… [external link] … [external link] … [external link] …Good luck with your essay!
- Does anybody know where “every man lies but give him a mask and he will be sincere” is from? - Hello everyone,I need to cite this quote in an essay but all I know is that it’s from Oscar Wilde.I don’t really want to cite the websites where I got it from, since they are all compounds of phrases and quotes and nothing more.Does anybody have a specific academic reference for this quote or is
- “What you are comes to you” by Emerson… where is this from? Help asap!? - I’m using Emerson’s “What you are comes to you” quote in a short essay on identity. I’ve found the quote in several places, but I can’t seem to find where the quote is from. Is this a quote on its own, or is it something taken from a poem/writing by Emerson? I have to cite
- What source/book/place does “Maybe this world is another planet’s hell.” come from? - Aldous Huxley said, “Maybe this world is another planet’s hell.” I want to use this quote in an intro to a research paper, so I need to cite it. What book or essay did he write it in?
- How have gender roles changed in mexico since the 16th century? - This a final exam essay question that I really don’t even know where to begin with..not asking anyone to write the essay or hold my hand I just need a nudge in the right direction as I really don’t even know where to begin.this is the full question:We have looked at several case studies on
- Do I need to cite a quote that is this short? - I’m writing an essay that has to be in MLA format and I’m including a quote in my introductory paragraph. The quote is:”Every man’s memory is his private literature.” – Aldous HuxleyDo I need to cite this on a works cited? Or can I just do something like this:Aldous Huxley once said ” ….”I got