Alice Walker defines The Color Purple as a historical novel. To what extent does the novel fit this model?
I have been set this essay for my AS English literature course and am really stuck. The essay is due in tomorrow and so far I've only managed about 200 words, my teacher wants 1000! Please help me!
- 500 word essay, please help !? - i have to do a 500 word essay on describing a place – i picked a forest.i only managed to write 200 words and im stuck for words, i know 500 is not a lot but i cant seem to be able to write anything else, please help !Thank : ) x
- English – What matters the most: grammar, vocabulary, spelling or literature? - I’ve always wondered, what matters most? People say that I’m bad at English and my English teacher thinks that I’m “special”, whenever I write essays/tests, I always get a low mark compared to the girls with bad grammar and spelling, but good vocab and literature, I am hopeless at literature and I have a small
- English tutor treats me differently to the rest of the class? - I’m in my second year of A Levels (I’m 18), studying English Language, English Literature & Philosophy. Basically, in Literature, my tutor just seems to treat me different from the rest of the class and other people have picked up on it also. For instance, he’ll ask a question generally for anybody to answer and
- How do you write a college essay that describes yourself in a unique way while being 500 words or less? - My english teacher recently made us write a mock application essay using the prompts from the common application. He wouldn’t take off for word count, but I know it has to be around 500 max. Problem is when I stuck to 500 words my essay sounded VERY generic. Didn’t elaborate much and didn’t put much
- How to write a great essay? - i really want to get an a in English and my teacher is so stuck up at giving grades so i want to do better next time.
- What are some good ideas to write about Shame for a essay? - kay my english teacher is trying to show us the difference between embarrassement, shame, humilitation, and stigmatization. so trying to be helpful to us as usual she is making us to write an essay on each of the words in fiction form. for those that dont know fiction is like an original story
- How to structure an A level essay? - I have been given an essay to do for english literature. However, the teacher has never told us how to structure the work and my last essay i did was pitiful. This is only my second english lit essay and any tips or websites would be great