1.How did each of the following events, movements, or institutions help form the United States as a nation? Include information on at least four of the six choices below.George Washington’s presidencyWhat precedents did Washington set for future presidents?What advice did Washington give the country?The Louisiana PurchaseHow did it change the country?What opportunities did it create?How did it change the government?The Supreme CourtHow did the court’s role change?How did the court’s decisions change the government?Reform movementsWhat reforms did people seek?How did reform movements change the nation?Jacksonian DemocracyWhat changes in the nation made Jacksonian Democracy possible?What were the positive elements of Jacksonian Democracy?What were the negative elements of Jacksonian Democracy?The Civil WarWhat issues were settled by the Civil War?
- Constitutional government? - “The Supreme Court commands no armies. Civil Rights could not become effective until both the executive and the legislature had also put their weight behind them.”* How does Congress “put its weight” behind civil rights? What role does the executive branch play in the enforcement of civil rights? How and why
- What would be a synonym for “if you will”? - Im writting an essay and the phrase is “The emancipation, along with the reform of the military, the installation of a judicial system, an educational reform combined with his other “smaller” reforms are all reforms which created a more democratic Russia, liberal to a further extent, if you will. “but its a formal essay
- 10 points to any one who can make 250 word essay on the importance of voting? - With the presidential election upon us, it is more important than ever to get out and vote. Many people think that their vote does not matter. Imagine if everyone felt that way – we would never elect a president! There have been many, many elections – not just on a local level – that have
- ABE LINCOLNS GETTYSBURG ADDRESS? - The Gettysburg AddressGettysburg, PennsylvaniaNovember 19, 1863On June 1, 1865, Senator Charles Sumner commented on what is now considered the most famous speech by President Abraham Lincoln. In his eulogy on the slain president, he called it a “monumental act.” He said Lincoln was mistaken that “the world will little note, nor long remember what we
- Ap essay question!? - what is the best essay answer for this? in what ways were the late nineteenth century populists the heirs of the Jacksonian democrats with respect to overall objectives and specific proposals for reform?
- Could you grade my SAT essay? - Prompt: Should people take more responsibility for solving problems that affect their community or the nation in general?I believe that people must take responsibility for solving problems that affect their communities or the nation in general. This is based on the theory that the locals of an area know what they need, and hence, are
- PLEASEEEEE HELP you have no idea how much i need help right now!? - Write an essay examining the continued expansion of the federal government beginning with the Progressive Era until the present day. In your essay, you will want to include how Progressives understood and changed the American government. You will need to consider the differing visions for the U.S. government of Herbert Hoover and Franklin Delano Roosevelt.