1. It changed the way the war is fought by introducing "trench warfare" in the seige of Richmond from November 1864 to March of 1865.2. It changed the way medical treatment of soldiers wounded on the battlefield; where the slaughter at Antietemn of over 20,000 killed and wounded were basically ignored when at the end of the war, treatment and securing clean and septic surroundings were at most better for all those on the northern side.3. It revolutionized the way manufacturing (of war materials) was handled. Many innovations came about because of this war.4. With the official White House inclusion of the negroes as Union soldiers in late 1864, this caused an emotional/racist uproar in the south which gave no quarter to ***** soldiers who were caught in battle and eventually killed on the spot. This "genocide", in my opinion, gave President Lincoln the needed boost to win the 1864 presidential election from the many split southern parties in the south.5. This war changed the attitudes of all Americans once it was over with. The attitudes of "brother against brother", "neighbor against neighbor" were no longer prevelant in the hope of mending the nation after four years of death and destruction.6. It solidified the immediate "evilness" of the wrongness of human slavery and that helped to stir up other nations around the world to get rid of dictatorships, kings and queens and monarchy's.
- Is my essay on The Civil War good? - I had to write an essay in Social Studies about the American Civil War and the topic was “What are the advantages/disadvantages of the North and South in the Civil War?”This is my essay. Please read it and tell me if you have any suggestionsThe American Civil War was between the North and the South.
- Can someone give me some ideas to put in my essay? - The theme is “Are You Proud Of Your Country?” and this is what i have so far….”Oh say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,” sings the first line of our national anthem. The song represents the freedom and rights of our country, the United States of America. See that? Freedom and rights. We
- I have an essay to do and its on this question and uhh i nedd at least 300 words csn sum1 help me? - is 300 words 2 pages or moreim lost but i have this so far.Why Should America’s Veterans Be Honored? Why I think america’s veterans should be honored is because they gave their lives for the freedom of others. They risked their lives so you could live with peace and freedom in our country. They also
- Can you help me edit my essay? - For me, optimism is what helps a person fight life’s storm. Being optimistic means having hope in life, and hope is the most important thing a person can have. Even if you have nothing else it is hope that sustains you. Optimism is all around you, through soldiers, when you take trips to
- How have colonists ‘fought the man’? - i have a question for my midterm, and i have a couple key points. I was just curious if some of you out there could help me answer a couple more…thanks you have had the opportunity to learn how individuals fought an established country to gain their own individual rights and the struggles
- Can someone help me with this essay question i have?!? - Describe some of the ways in which African Americans were marginalized in southern society during the late 19th centuries. Discuss alternative paths of accomodation and resistance that black leaders proposed in response to their position in southern society.
- World War 1 essay help. PLEASE! Any comments are appreciated? - I have a Dbq and it is about the arguments for and against U.S. entry in ww1. This is the “for” paragraph. It is only 8th grade stuff so it’s not that advanced but I need to know if anyone can give me more info on why people did want the u.s. to enter and