It has been my dream to go to a good university. I am a foreigner (a junior in a high school), and live in Connecticut. I moved to the U.S. 2.5 years ago. I am a permanent resident though not a citizen. Right now, I have a 3.8-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and have taken 4 AP classes so far:AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Computer Science and AP US History. I am taking at least 2 more APs my senior year (next year): AP Physics and AP Economics + Calculus BC.I participate in Math League and an engineering club at school. I also play volleyball (3 years so far+next year+varsity). My SAT scores are 1780/2400 (500 Reading, 570 Writing, 710 Math)+ 8/12 on the essay part. Taking another SATs this upcoming March again. My Freshmen year in High School, I had taken no honor classes but got good grades (I took algebra II during my freshman year).I am interested in engineering and have been taking an engineering course in my school for 2 years (and probably will take another one next year). I love math and physics.I speak two languages (my native and English).I am looking at some good schools like Boston University, University of Connecticut, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Northeastern (in Mass), and probably Tufts.I'd like to hear something about my perspectives on me getting into a good college? Should I look at those schools, maybe better, maybe lower. And yes, colleges must be from NY, CT, MA, or NJ.I forgot to mention that I also play acoustic guitar :)
- Applying to colleges this fall…? - Hi,I want to attend a good university. I am a foreigner/immigrant (senior in high school, class of 2011), and live in Connecticut. Right now, I have a 3.7-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and 4.0 weighted and have taken 4 AP classes so far:AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Computer Science and AP US History.
- What are my chances at these schools? - I’m currently looking at these schools and want to know what my chances are:University Of Illinois-Urbana Champaign (UIUC) *This is my high reach school, so i’m very curious about my chances at this one!Missouri University (Mizzou)Kansas University (KU)U of Rochester Here is a reflection on my high school years! Freshman & Sophomore Years: Freshman year
- Can I get into UPitt? - I am currently entering my senior year in high school. One university that I have been eying more and Pitt. I do live in Pennsylvania, so hopefully it will increase my chances for admission. I want to study Biomedical Engineering, so my question really is if I could get into the Swanson School of Engineering.My
- What are my chances to get into cal poly or UCSB? - So I was wondering how likely I might be getting into UCSAnta Barbara and Cal Poly for engineering. My high school gpa is a 3.85 weighted 3.65 unweighted. I’ve taken just about every honors/AP course and never got lower than a B ever in high school. On the sat I got an 1880 (580 in
- Is this good enough to get into the University of Miami? - I’m a junior in high school and my unweighted GPA is a 3.2 and my weighted GPA is a 3.3 (if I wouldn’t have had such a hard time my freshman year it would’ve been higher) but I can still bring it up since my 2nd semester just started and I’m in a 4×4 schedule
- In All Honesty, What are the Chances? - In all honesty, please tell me (percentage-wise) the likelihood of me getting into the following schools:The Schools – Georgetown UniversityPitzer University Colgate UniversityVanderbilt Universityand Vassar CollegeMy Stats:SAT total score : 1790SAT Critical Reading: 580SAT Math: 530SAT Writing: 680(Essay is an 11 out of 12)Other info:- In choir for all 4 years of high school.- Will
- Senior year – 1st Semester Grade importance for Wake, UNC etc…? - I’ve had straight A’s through my 3 years of HS… But for senior year 1st Semester, I think I may get 3 B’s (AP Classes) and 1 C for my Math.. (Honors Course)… I have A’s for the rest…. Just wondering if its going to hurt my chances at these schools…Johns HopkinsUNC – Chapel HillUCSDSUNY