I'm doing an critical evaluation on the Shaw shank Redemption, is this ok? please give me things to add a know this isn't good enough bt a don't know what else to write :-(this is the essay question: Through close examination of the novel show how Stephen King creates a gripping story with a positive message despite the tragedy involved?The Shaw shank Redemption is a novel written by Stephen King. It it a story about a man named Andy Dufresne who was falsely accused of murdering his wife and her secret lover. Andy is then set a life sentence in jail, where he grows close to a man named Red, and all he has is hope. Through close examination of this novel I will be showing how Stephen King creates a gripping story with a positive message despite the tragedy involved. I will be doing this through theme, characterisation, and plot. The Shaw shank Redemption examines a series of oppositions: guilt and innocence, freedom and imprisonment to finally show how Andy is able to save not only himself, but Red too. The main theme of this story is hope, as hope is all Andy Dufresne has. Even though Andy has been in jail for around 20 years, which is been full of violence, loneliness and torture, Andy still has hope and that's what makes him successful in the end. "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best thing, and no good thing ever dies"This quote, from Andy Dufresne, shows us how he thinks and what he believes. Hes a very positive person, and this is shown in the novel as even after so many years of Andy's imprisonment, he still has the will power to fight and not give up, as to him, hope never dies. Stephen King creates a gripping story by using this theme as it makes the reader want to read on and see if Andy wil ever get free, just on the basis of hope. Another main theme from the novel is freedom. Andy is being imprisoned for a crime he did not commit, and just like all the other men in the jail, he longs for freedom and will do anything to get it. "I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more grey"This quote, which was said from Red, is explaining comparing Andy to a brightly feathered bird. And as the quote says, some birds just aren't meant to be caged. This quote shows us how Red believes that Andy is too good to be in the jail, his feathers are just to bright. The main characters in this novel are Andy Dufresne and Red. Andy Dufresne seems to be quite secretive, he keeps himself to himself. He's a very wise man. Red, on the other hand is quite outgoing, hes not the smartest although he knows a lot about jail life. Andy and Red become very close throughout the novel. Red is inspired by Andy and how he's so positive even though he has a life sentence. The two friends help each other out and have a very strong bond as Andy taught Red the importance of hope, and if you always have faith, there is nothing to fear. "Get bust living, or get busy dying"This was a quote said by Andy to Red. This quote sums up Andy's character. The author uses these phrases in the novel to put across a positive message to the reader. In conclusion, Stephen king creates a gripping story with a positive message despite the tragedy involved through themes, such as hope and freedom. Characterisation, through Andy and Red, and other topics.
- The THEME of the play the miracle worker!? - ok so i have to write an essay and the 4th paragraph has to be about the theme or main idea or central message of the play. so my question is… what is the theme? or please give me a list of words that i could use for the theme. i’ve already tried to google
- Good Title for my Literary Essay? - I am writing a literary essay for my Language Arts class. I need some good ideas for a title. The theme for my paper is ‘staying positive in tough situations’. I am comparing the two books/stories ‘Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl’ and ‘The Freedom Writers’ (we’re using the movie for The Freedom Writers
- Essay hook (the book is house on mango st) COME IN and help me :)? - Quote 1: To know how to free oneself is nothing; the arduous thing is to know what to do with one’s freedom”Quote 2: Man is a being with free will; therefore, each man is potentially good or evil, and it’s up to him and only him (through his reasoning mind) to decide which he wants
- Can someone give me some ideas to put in my essay? - The theme is “Are You Proud Of Your Country?” and this is what i have so far….”Oh say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,” sings the first line of our national anthem. The song represents the freedom and rights of our country, the United States of America. See that? Freedom and rights. We
- To Kill A Mockingbird Essay help!(Easy 10+ points)? - i wrote this essay about the theme of innocene in the story. all i need is some things you think i sholud fix or edit. waht do you think should be different here, anything (if so what?)here it is:P.S. thanks for all the help Innocence is a special quality that is very important in
- Will an english teacher please look at this first part of a ny state critical lens essay? - please tell me if i am on the right track:L. M. Montgomery once said “we pay a price for everything we get or take in this world”. Or, in other words nothing that someone does is done without either negative or positive effects. I agree with this quote since it is impossible to do anything
- What do i do here! (BEST ANSWER!) and please answer!? - VISUAL_____ (30 pts.) (Totem sculpture to represent the characters and events of the folktale)- Read the selected folktale.- Research the culture of the folktale in order to find examples of designs and patterns that are a part of the culture to be incorporated into your totem sculpture. 1) Stack at least