Turning points repeatedly all the time in history. Throughout history there were major turning points. For example when the Christians captured the Holy Land in the crusades they only had it for 50 years then, the turning point took place, the Muslim army recaptured the Holy Land. Another example is when emperor Constantine adopted Christianity for the Roman Empire. When the Christians of Eastern Europe captured the Holy Land, Jerusalem it was only controlled for 50 years. This was a turning point because Pope Urban decided to start the crusades and did not fail to capture the Holy Land. But, 50 years after the capture of Jerusalem the turning point took place, the Muslims recaptured Jerusalem and the Roman Catholics fought for 200 years to recapture it. This changed the course in history because if the Christians controlled the Holy Land for even longer, Christianity may have spread throughout the rest of the Middle East and possibly into Africa and Asia. Another important turning point in history is when the Roman Emperor Constantine adopted Christianity as the Roman religion. This was important because Christians were being killed for not practicing the Greek-like Roman religion. After many years of the slaughtering of Christians, Constantine decided to adopt Christianity for Rome. If Constantine did not adopt the Christian religion then Christianity may have eventually "died out" because his succeeding emperors may not have adopted Christianity or made it legal. Or, Christianity would be different from it is today because there would not be Roman Catholic religion and, the Great Schism may have never took place in history. When Rome became a Christian Empire, it greatly changed history in Europe and the whole world. This turning point is one of the most important turning points in history. Turning points took place numerous times throughout history. These turning points in history were important because they affected Christianity and shaped it to what Christianity is today. These two turning points were two of the most important turning points in Europe’s history.
- European history reformation essay help? - I have a essay in class for AP European History on the Reformation. My teacher said to organize the reformation with PERSIA M (political, economical, religious, social, intellectual, art, and military). I already know I want to focus on political, economical, and religious. I need the most help on the political aspect.For economic, I want
- Philosophical approach to responding to anti Christianity bigotry? - i am wanting to write a paper for my philosophy class in response to a philosophers bigotry against Christians. He makes an argument against Christianity based on the behavior of some Christians. We all know judging an entire idea or group of people based on the actions of a few is bigotry. I want to
- Christianity and abortions? - hi im doing an essay on Christianity and abortion and i need some help.for question (a) i need 8 points and a reason for eachfor question (b) i need 7 points and a reason for eachfor question (c) i need 2 points and a reason for each why abortion is wrong and 2 points and
- How can Israel have the cheek to call the country a “Jewish State”? - I’ve always thought Judaism as a peaceful religion with really high morals and respect for everybody. But when I look at what Jewish Zionists have done and are doing in Palestine, I find it really hard to comprehend why Zionists believe what is going on there is all in the name of Judaism and “The
- Would you like to read a personal story of how a long-time Christian became an atheist with the link included? - I’m not trying to offend anyone here. It’s just a personal story that I thought was interesting and well written.The writer is a friend of my girlfriend. He was raised Christian and went to a Christian university, and used to speak adamantly in favor of Christianity. So you can NOT say he was “never a
- Orthadox christian views on suicide.? - reet… i have to do an essay on different views on suicide within christianity. I have done catholic and protestant but cant seem to find anything on Orthodox Christians. If you know anything about any type of christians and their views on suicide please reply thanks guys ,
- Growth of political and moral corruption in pre-reformation Europe? - This is an essay topic I have to write for history any help would be much appreciated. – Discuss the growth of political and moral corruption in both church and stat in pre-Reformation Europe. Begin with the fusion of church and state under Roman emperor Constantine the Great in the 4th century and note the