So I'm a 16 yo guy and I'm hoping to apply and get into Oxford and Durham next year (I mean academic year of 2014) and I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I'm stuck between Engineering (Aeronautical), Law (Contract and Criminal) and Business/Finance. Currently, I'm studying Maths, English, History, Italian, Latin and Physics in the IB Diploma. I chose mainly essay based subjects because I thought I was only going to apply for Law. However, now I've reevaluated my choices and Business and Finance need Maths (which I'm only taking at Standard Level) and Engineering needs Physics and Maths at Higher Level (Maths I'm doing SL, Physics I'm doing HL). But let's say I meet all the requirements. I still don't know which one to choose. Should I do the Engineering course and then the 1 year Law course and the a postgrad business and Finance degree? I only have this dilemma because I am passionate about Law, but I also want to start a business that I need Engineering and Finance skills for. SO MUCH TO DO! SO LITTLE TIME!Thanks in Advance.
- Applying to colleges this fall…? - Hi,I want to attend a good university. I am a foreigner/immigrant (senior in high school, class of 2011), and live in Connecticut. Right now, I have a 3.7-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and 4.0 weighted and have taken 4 AP classes so far:AP Bio, AP Chem, AP Computer Science and AP US History.
- I have to write a dissertation on something to do with chemistry or physics, what should the topic area be? - I’m doing the equivalent of a half a-level (called EPQ) and I’ve got to write a 5000-10000 word essay on a chosen subject. I am not sure if I want to study physics or chemistry, so it would be good to write an essay that combines both of them, but if not, does anyone have
- Writing an essay for an application into high school, first paragraph is done..look over it please? - I’d just like some suggestions. Anything is helpful! The prompts were:1) Describe you degree of satisfaction with your current school2) What are your strengths and weaknesses3) What can you contribute to the schoolAnd my paragraph~Currently, I am debating whether I am actually satisfied with my current school or not. While there are some negative aspects,
- Chances of getting into a good college? - It has been my dream to go to a good university. I am a foreigner (a junior in a high school), and live in Connecticut. I moved to the U.S. 2.5 years ago. I am a permanent resident though not a citizen. Right now, I have a 3.8-ish GPA (unweighted, on a 4.0 scale) and
- Looking for a College? - Situation:Want to study Physics (more specifically, applied physics, theoretical physics, nuclear physics, or petroleum engineering)Going to 4 year college, then to graduate school.31ACT Comp, 33ACT Sci, 35ACT Math, 2020SAT Comp, 800SAT Math3.8-4.0 GPA Weighted, 3.5-3.7GPA UnweightedCollege Requirements: [Organized by importance (more important = higher on list)]-full or near full ride (due to test scores and
- What would you recommend to someone who never did maths, but wants to learn? - as a kid i went to an alternative school that allowed me to not do any work. i went from grade 7 – 10 doing basically nothing, except for drawing/art. for some reason this went on without anything being done by parent or school, and i was too distracted or stupid to realise where this
- Can I get into UPitt? - I am currently entering my senior year in high school. One university that I have been eying more and Pitt. I do live in Pennsylvania, so hopefully it will increase my chances for admission. I want to study Biomedical Engineering, so my question really is if I could get into the Swanson School of Engineering.My