I am working on my essay about the book "A Separate Peace"This is my thesis statement...At the beginning of the story, the boys are eager to join the military services; however, they later learn about the actual war, reality, and its effects, and nothing is the sameafter that realization. I use "and" 2 times in the last sentence and I want to make it sounds more formal and specific.Any suggestions?
- Is this a good thesis statement? (A Separate Peace by John Knowles)? - I am writing a thesis essay dealing with A Separate Peace by John Knowles. My Statement is: John Knowles uses the death of Phineas, Gene’s justification of causing Phineas to fall, and leper’s ultimate insanity to show that dwelling in a state of naivety can destroy and individual. I just don’t think the thesis is
- A mark twain quote….? - “History never repeats itself; at times it rhymes”what do you think that means? specifically, the rhyming part?i want to incorporate it with an essay i’m writing on the book ‘a separate peace’any ideas?any help appreciated.thanks in advance =]
- Help creating a thesis statement for Lord of the Flies essay? - Um, yeah, I have the whole essay written out… except the thesis statement. I have a pretty basic idea for the thesis statement, but how do I make it better?”Golding’s book, Lord of the Flies, teaches us three separate allegories of psychological, political, and religious ideas in our everyday lives.”I showed my teacher, but he
- URGENT! WUTHERING HEIGHTS? - I have a huge essay due (only 5 paragraphs) but it counts a lot for my grade. The paper is pretty much on the setting of Wuthering Heights, but not just the setting in the beginning of the book, the setting throughout the whole book. I have to make a thesis statement about the setting,
- Songs For A Separate Peace by John Knowels? - I have a English project that requires me to find 10 songs that somehow match/relate to the book A separate Peace by John Knowels. I also need to write an essay relating all of the songs to the book. If anybody has some suggestions please post them a.s.a.p! (my teacher gave us very little
- I am writing an argumentative essay about policymakers not increasing taxes of cigarettes.? - is this thesis statement correct: Policymakers should not increase taxes in tobacco for it has economic benefitsif it is not that specific could you please show how to write a more correct and specific thesis statement because i am not sure if this is already specific
- Formal essay writing: what can i use in place of ‘you’? - I’m writing a formal essay on courage in To Kill A Mockingbird for english class. My teacher handed out a sheet outlining the requirements of formal essay writing, and we are not allowed to refer to the reader (i.e. use ‘you’). However, there is one sentence in my essay that uses ‘you’, and