We have to write an essay analyzing a song we choose and write about the elements of the lyrics and how the mood of the music works together to create the overall effect. I want to do Floyd because they are hands down my favorite band. I know all their songs but I just can't choose one. I would like some help. I need one with great lyrics and preferably a lot of imagery, consonance, and that kind of stuff. I was thinking Hey You since thats my second favorite Pink Floyd song (right behind Careful With That Axe Eugene, which only has 5 or 6 spoken words) or I was thinking Comfortably Numb would be good too. I would appreciate your opinions, thanks!
- Essay Topic on gender and sexuality…? - For my essay I must: Choose a current favorite song of mines and try to describe what things about it (musical details, affects, lyrics, etc.) matter to me. Then try to analyze the ways in which the song works through particular understanding of gender or sexuality, and speculate on what I think its impact is
- Writing an essay on song lyrics? I’ll pick BA? - Anyone have any ideas on how to start an essay on song lyrics? I just have no idea where to start. The song I’m writing about is “The Unknown Soldier” by the Doors. I need to analyze the lyrics and compile an essay on it. If anyone could just help me get started with it
- Song Lyrics? - How do you quote song lyrics? Like for an example, the song lyrics are “You were meant for me”And in an essay, would I quote it using italics or quotes?For example, my essay would be:In her song, she states “you were meant for me”. This refers to etc etc.am i quoting it right?
- What song lyrics, story, or poem should i do my thesis about? - I have an essay due tomorrow and i don’t know what to do it about. I have to write a thesis about either song lyrics, a story, or a poem. So please tell me either what song lyrics, story or poem to do it about. Also give me a thesis statement if you wish.. it’ll
- Any Grammar mistakes in this short college essay? - If you could sing one song at a talent show, what would it be? I think perhaps me singing in a talent show might not be such a good idea because the audience would probably leave. However, if I had John Lennon’s voice I would like to choose the song “Imagine,” because it reflects
- Explain the work of the aeneid? - i have to do a 4 page essay on the aened, but I don’t understand anything and….ughh just shoot me the face..hey, teacher leave those kids alone(pink floyd) everyone else have a good day………..stupid teacher..stupidstupidstupid…sorry
- How does my essay sound? - When I turned on my TV, and heard this song, I always new what was coming up next. A drunken supervisor and 3 best friends trying to become rich. A song that is very important to me is the Intro music to Trailer Park Boys. This song reminded me of when I always use to