This is the better part of a short essay I had to write for school... and well, the entire story of Oedipus just seems ludicrous at this point.-----------Despite Oedipus becoming a successful leader, he was apparently doomed from the moment he left his mother. Jocasta’s fear of the prophecy was exactly what made it come true. Had she not left the baby for dead, the baby never would have grown up under the false impression that he was with his biological parents, and the entire situation could have been avoided very easily.Simply put, Apollo lucked out. The entire weight of his prophecy was hinged on the hope that Jocasta would shun logic because of the sheer horror of what the prophecy foretold. Had Oedipus been raised under his real parents, the bloodlines would be clear as day and the "prophecy" would have fallen to irrelevancy. The only other logical way the prediction could have come true was if Oedipus was born mentally unstable with a fetish for relatives. But then of course his mother knows of the foretelling and would not have wed Oedipus, evidenced by the fact that she was so disgusted when she first heard it as to attempt to murder her own child, and then hang herself in the eventual reveal.---------------basically, the story makes no sense and the only real moral i see here is that "God" is mean
- Narrative essay, which should I use? - We need to write a narrative essay for school, it’s due tomorrow. There aren’t really any specifications, other than that you learned something, it doesn’t have to be true either.Anyway, I have two. The first is something I wrote about two years ago, it’s a 500 word biography for one of my characters, a 19
- Oedipus Rex Essay ? - i have an essay about Oedipus Rex due tomorrow. Here’s the prompt:In Oedipus Rex, Sophicles uses minor characters to reveal traits of Oedipus. Write an essay analyzing the diction and detail used to reveal Oedipus’ personality.please help !
- No curse on the house of Oedipus? - I am writing an essay proving there is no curse on the house of Oedipus. I need 3 lines from the play Oedipus the King. I have 3 from Antigone already. I don’t need any from Oedipus at Colonus. Just the 3 from Oedipus the King will do. I need help ASAP! My essay is
- How do you deal with a compulsive liar? and sibling? - My sister is a compulsive liar.It is truly harming my family.She will bring home F’s, and lie about them. She will claim her homework is finished- only after her report card do we realize this is not true. Twenty six 0′s on assignments!She lies about studying- she has an SAT coming up this saturday. She
- *very urgent* Can some one tell me if this is essay sounds good so far? - does the introduction state the thesis well. can you start an introduction with a question? The Media Made Me Do ItHas society really become that shallow minded to blame Television for the justification of the violent crimes being committed? No one wants to take the blame for anything, not even parents want to take the
- Where should I go from here? This is a definition essay? - As he sat staring out the window, watching the snowflakes melt there was a loud explosion and immediately after a horrendous scream, that made his body shudder as his heart beat escalated and his palms began to sweat. Slowly he turned and what he saw was something he could only imagine in a horror movie,
- Help constructing a Romeo and Juliet essay? - This is the prompt:Romeo and Juliet are the most famous pair of lovers in Western literature, but is their love real or is it infatuation? Some claim Romeo and Juliet’s love is true love, a love that is real and lasting. Others argue that Romeo and Juliet’s “love” is based on physical attraction,