Hi thereI'm interested in returning to university (I've already got a degree in humanities but no psychology) and studying psych, but I'm concerned about my ability to do statistics. I've always been just average at maths and science (though I did psychology in my final year of high school and got a high grade, higher than all my others), so I'm concerned about whether I'll handle stats. I really just want to help people through therapy. I live in a country (Australia) that doesn't have the PsyD, so I would have to do a mix of research and clinical work..So I've got two questions:1. Am I crazy to think that I can do psychology and not have to engage a whole lot with statistics but rather focus more on therapy?2. Are you, or do you know anyone, who was primarily a humanities student but successfully did a psychology masters or phd? how did they handle the research side of things?I can write essays, but not sure if I would be good at writing psych reports.
- What’s a good, affordable laptop for gaming and schoolwork? - I’m in high school and I just need a computer that can handle my research and any essays that I type. Also, it needs to have a good battery life because I’ll be taking around everywhere I go. I really want it to be able to handle games. I love to play games online, watch
- What does it take to be a good writer? - Writing has been something that’s always been at the back of my mind. I find intrinsic enjoyment out of writing my own thoughts and opinions. But, for the last 8 years of my life, I haven’t even considered pursuing it as a career. I’m a psych major, and about to graduate, but my skills and
- Help with which Alevel course I should take!? - I’m in Yr 11 and looking at college courses.I want to be a Radiographer or something in those lines… I’ve looked up the requirement for the course which is 1 science at grade C or above.I want to take…Biology- Definitely. But I’m only working at a grade C in science.(I’m doing double science not
- Did any one do A level english literature? - Ive just started college, and for my A levels i picked art, english language, photography and psychology. -but i only really picked psychology because there was nothing else i wanted to do, and i thought it would be fairly easy. Dint get me wrong, i dont think psychology is easy- its just that i
- Need help planning revision – limited time – limited knowledge? - ok so im starting alevel exams VERY soon! i need to know what the best way to maximise my scores are. i have been advised by my brother to focus on the modules i can score highly on with revision – as i will most likely be resitting some modules in january… basically i have
- Does this sound resonable to you guys? Help please? - OK, so discard all questions about the rabbit! Lol i don’t want to take any chances of having my guinea pig hurt. So anyway, I decided to just get a laptop. I have a desktop but its seven years old now and takes a half an hour (literally) to load just to write or print
- I’m overwhelmed by school and my mom doesn’t care? - I am behind on my school, because my classes got hard and I’m online schooled so I have to do my lessons in chronological order and then I end up with stacked up lessons. My mom called my math teacher who said that if I needed help to call her and then I called her