i really really really really really really really want to go to tufts to study chinese and international relations. i feel like my chances of getting in are next to nothing. i am a current junior and i've been taking chinese at my school for almost 5 years now. I have been playing 3 varsity sports since freshman year. I am also part of the national honors society and im involved in a club that volunteers with the elderly. My english teacher thinks i wrote an excellent essay. GPA= 3.7 out of 4.0 Down Fall : I suck at test taking, which doesn't help when it comes the the SAT. This morning i received my score of a 1780 :( 650 on math (should have done at least 50 points better) 580 on critical reading (probably never going to do better than that and a 550 on writing. I got a 610 on the math 1 SAT II and i plan on taking the course 2 in june, hopefully getting at least a 700. I also might take the chinese sat ii in november ( I am not at all assign/ native speaker) I am also taking the ACT in june and september. then retaking the SAT in october. Sorry for the length but can you just tell me what you think my chances are of getting into tufts? or SUNY Binghamton considering that is my backup plan? thanks so much, i greatly appreciate it.
- Am I capable of taking my SAT a 3rd or maybe even a 4th time? - I am a Junior that is going to be an incoming Senior and I took my SAT with the following scores:The first time I took my SAT, I got a 360 in Critical Reading, a 400 in Mathematics, and a 410 in Writing with an essay score of 8 in May 2012.After that, I took
- Is it possible to raise SAT score by 500-900 points? - I’m a junior and I didn’t take the real SAT yet. I’m taking Princeton Review course in my town every weekend and we get a lot of homework to do before our next class. Soooo… we took our first Princeton Review test and I didn’t study at all for that + I answered all
- Is 1940 a good score for an eighth grader? - I just got my score back and I got 1940. It’s my second time taking the test (1730 previously)670 Critical Reading690 Math580 Writing Essay 8I barely studied at all because of schools projects(didn’t start until the last week, about 1 hour a day). What do you think I can get
- What do my SAT scores mean? - This was my first time taking the SAT. I received 570 on critical reading, 600 on mathematics, and 550 on writing. I also received 5 out of 12 on my essay. I know that the essay score is bad, but what about the others? Can you help me understand these numbers, please?
- Can I get into these schools? - So, now that all of my applications are in, I was wondering what people think my chances are at the schools I applied to. The schools I applied to are:1.Amherst College2.SUNY Binghamton3.Boston University4.Bucknell5.Carnegie Mellon6.Cornell7.Duke8.SUNY Geneseo9.Johns Hopkins10.Northeastern11.RPI12.SUNY Stony Brook13.Tufts14.WPI15.YaleYes I know, long list… Amherst and Yale were basically to please my insane dad who thinks I
- So I recently got my SAT scores back and I am confused over something….? - I received a 550 in writing (wondering if this use to be verbal) 430 in math( i have yet to take trigonometry) and a 570 in critical reading. My family and friends are asking me what i have made,and I am wondering what to tell them. Together my scores add up to a 1550 but
- Horrible SAT scores(High GPA)…Help!? - Horrible SAT scores(High GPA)…Help!?I did not do well at all…=/(This is my first time taking the SAT)My score break down is as follows:Math: 700Reading: 630Writing: 660 (A 8 essay)Total: 1990[PSAT was: 64 M, 64 R, 56 W= 184 or 1840 on SAT scale]I want to go to a good college; however, with this score I