Depending on your tastes, you could look at Goethe's Faust, and compare with one of Gunter Grass's works, for short fiction, "Die Wolfen Kommt Zueruck", or for book length The Tin Drum. (Grass won a Nobel Prize in Literature).I've always enjoyed just about anything by Heinrich Heine, and some is very funny.Duerrenmatt's "Besuch der Alten Dame" is a classic, done in English as a movie, The Visit. In fact, that against the first Grass piece mentioned would be a very nice essay, all sorts of symbols, meaning, irony, the stuff lit profs love!
- Film Techniques in Labyrinth(1986)? - I am writing an essay for my film literature class about Labyrinth(1986) and I am doing film techniques. Characterization, Setting, Symbolism, Irony, and POV. I have got everything down except for POV and Irony and was wondering if anyone had anything to add on those two points. Point of View: Analyze what types of
- Can you start an essay with a kind of story? - I was planning to have an introduction like Once upon a time where in the boy wants to find the meaning of love then I go on in the body defining love in different ways, then end it with a conclusion that is also sort of the ending if the story where in the boy
- Essay on the Jason and the Argonauts movie? - I have this mythology section in English for the whole first semester. I’ve never taken it before because I came from a hard-core Christian school and were reading about gods and stuff. We had to watch this 4 day movie and I didn’t understand any of it, I don’t know what happen, but I have
- Is there any way to get the consequences removed for intentional plagerism? - my friend is an amazing student she is in all honors except english, she used to get awards for her character, and no teacher ever complained about her, in fact teachers love her. She has a sever illness and for her cp english class she had to write an essay she was very sick a
- Lovers of literature or philosophy–what is a beautiful or powerful symbol to you? - I have a website with free symbolism and philosophy essays, and I’m thinking of starting a new website devoted to interpreting the relationship between meaning and function amongst artwork, philosophy, and some types of inventions.Various things have meanings to different people. Secret societies take certain attributes as symbols. Authors can create powerful emotions in a
- Do you think I have a shot at Notre Dame…? - So Right now I am a junior in highschool and I would really like to attend notre dame… but im not sure if I can get in..I took AP Bio last year (and got a 5 on the ap test)And I am taking AP Chem, English, and US History this year. Next year i
- English essay? please help? - in an exerpt from what is a classic the autor defines what he thinks a classic is…basially someone who influences emotions and opens the heart…so the question is basically asking if I support qualify or disagree with authors definition of a classic author….help?! I neeed examples….10 POINTS