I know there are worse problems right now (like the poor Haiti orphans), but this is irking me enormously. The first semester ends next week but my school already taken the finals and everything. My final grade in my English class is a 99.08% and I want an A+. I have reasons for this request because My English teacher said that she'll bump anybody up who has a 1% difference. Like if you have a 79, she'll bump you to an 80. I know it doesn't make a difference to colleges and to my overall GPA, but I want to get an A+. I'm a sophomore right now and I just want an A+. Anyways, I don't think it's fair that she would give people with 89.00 % an A [From an original B] and not give me a 99.08 to a A+. I asked her about it before class and she said it doesn't matter and she will not raise my grade.I don't know if it's because she doesn't like me for some reason or because she never hands out A+'s, but I deserve an A+. She never said that if you had a 99%, she wouldn't bump you up to a 100%. She never said that, and so I worked my butt off for that high grade in her class. I studied for the finals for many hours and wrote extra essays to hone in on my literary skills. If I'd know n that she wouldn't bump me up, then I wouldn't have even needed to study for the finals! I'm just very irritated right now and I just want your guys' opinion on this. Is this fair or not?
- Should I go back to my old high school? - I transfered to a different school because my old school hosted a hostile environment. Even my English teacher would bully me. No one really treated me with respect, and the students thought they were so superior to me that I didn’t even deserve to talk to them. Some teachers would look for any excuse to
- What should I do to get all A’s on my final exams for the first semester? - Next week I have finals here is a list Ch 3 through Ch9 history test Ch 1 through Ch 14 for science testMy math final is going to be hard because before I was on regular algebra 1 but close to the end of the semester I got switched to h algebra 1 and the
- Would you rather plagiarize an essay or don’t do it at all? - I have an english essay due tomorrow and I haven’t even started it because I have finals all week and needed time to study for those. I was thinking about getting topics from an online essay and basically changing up the whole essay and putting it in my own words. Is this plagiarizing or not?
- Concern about girlfriend? - We are in the 9th grade. Today, in English class, we were grading our essays that we wrote the previous day. Due to the teacher’s laziness, the class were grading our own papers. My girlfriend and I are in the same class. And against all odds, my girlfriend got my paper to correct. (the teacher
- Why did liberals dumb down public education? - When I was in 10th grade, I took the following courses:Honors PrecalculusHonors English 10Honors PhysicsHonors ChemistryAP Art HistorySpanish 3We were given daily quizzes over our textbook reading in AP Art History, and in Honors Physics, a thorough knowledge of trigonometry was a prerequisite for the course. While kids in modern English classes can receive an
- Do you think my teacher will allow me to do extra credit? - Hello. Here is a little bit of back ground information. So I am taking an AP economics course at my high school; I am a straight A student, and I have taken many AP courses, so I understand the meaning of a challenging work load, I am also (I feel) a diligent student (I pay
- My teacher making fun of me? - Well, first of all I had pretty long hair. I’m a freshman in highshool and i take A level English. My teacher started making fun of my hair when it was long about a month ago. She used to compare my hair to a shaggy dog and I couldn’t even ask a question in her