I was marked down on my essay because my teacher said you can't end with a quote although I introduced it.
- Question about referencing….? - I was just wondering if I have to reference myself as the author when I put a diagram I’ve made into an essay.I recently did a chemistry assignment and a lot of the diagrams that went into it were ones I made myself.When I got it back, my teacher wrote on it that I should
- How to ask a teacher to reconsider an unfair mark? - I had to do an essay on Act 3 Scene 5 of Romeo and Juliet. I worked extremely hard on the essay, harder than I did on previous tests, and got a rather average mark. The teacher that marked it, is not my regular teacher, she’s just a trainee. Personally I felt what I wrote
- How do you get graded at ART A level? - I want to do Art A level because i would want to become a product designer when im older then later on in life I would want to start my own business/charity. I haven’t took Art as a GCSE, and im not amazing at Art. But im good at English and science. So how would
- How are exam papers marked? Has anyone ever marked exam papers? - How are exam papers marked? any tips on exam essays?have you ever marked exam papers? how are they marked, and what does the markers look for in exam essays? are they marked by markers, who are qualified in that certain subject or just by anyone with any qualification? should i structure my exam essay as
- How do I ask my teacher about her marking without sounding rude? - Recently, we had to do some essays in English where we did creative writing. It was very open. My friend wrote about this other character’s perspective in a poem and she got one off full marks.I tried really hard on mine and got four off full marks which is still okay, but counts for a
- How do I add quotes into my essay from a book? - If I’m writing an essay and want to include this quote in it:”Put it over here,” she said, “and then close the door and forget it forever.”I originally skipped a line, indented then put (authorlastname, pagenumber) after. This was all fine but my teacher told me not to skip a line. If I don’t skip
- How to agree with a quote in an essay, without saying “I”? - For an english assignment, I am given a quote. In my essay, I have to either agree or disagree with the quote. (In my case, I agree.) Yet, I have to agree with the quote without blatantly saying “I agree with the quote…” I could say something along the lines of “the quote’s meaning is