I've always had trouble opening essays, and I was wondering if I should just stick with what I've always done: the famous Onomatopoeia. I've recently started to step up my writing game, and I don't think starting an essay with "Boom!" would help that. Can anyone help me by showing me examples of good hooks for opening an essay?
- When do you think Disney Channel started going down hill? - I am writing an essay about how Disney Channel had become unrealistic and brainwashing to children. I honestly believe Disney Channel lost it’s magic touch in 2006/2007 when they started showing Hannah Montana/Wizards/Phineas and Ferb (which were all good at first) and got rid of Raven/Lizzie/etc around that time, too. As for the original Disney
- THIS IS MY COLLEGE APPLICATION ESSAY, IS IT READY TO BE SENT TO COLLEGES? - My favorite saying is “no guts, no glory.” I can’t recall who said it first, but whenever I am in trouble or facing a big challenge, I think about this saying. In life, just like on the playing field, you always have to bring your A-game. You have to step up to the plate and
- Onomatopoeia hook for essay? - I need an onomatopoeia hook example so I can get started on my essay. What is an onomatopoeia hook?
- Cornell College in NY? Help!? - I really want to go to Cornell in NY but I am scared I won’t have a chance. I am just a freshman in high school but I have gotten some B’s. I am going to try to get all A’s this quarter to make my final GPA higher. I think at the moment it’s
- What are the secrets of writing a winning college scholarship essay? - I have entered several scholarship essay contests recently, and have not won anything. I have been told by teachers that I am a good writer, so I want to know what is going on. I realize that millions of people enter these things and I’m up against a lot of competition, so I
- How do I write a story out of a Real life experience? - I’m starting my college essay and my english teacher say’s writing something interesting always catches the eyes of the admission people. I want to write about my father’s struggle with cancer. I want my opening sentence to be the good.
- Can I write my college essay on being vegetarian? - I have been a vegetarian my whole life, and I was wondering if that would make a good college essay topic. I am a senior in high school, so i am starting to apply to colleges. If this is a good topic, what are things I can write about/mention to make it unique?